Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Great assortment of chicks expected here! I can't wait to see everyone's photos!! I have 7 bantam cochin eggs in the incubator due Feb 8. Super excited for a few more little fuzzy butts here!

Hi all! Just joining this thread today, had a lot of catching up to do.
smile.png
Looks like we have a very interesting bunch, I'm excited to be here!

Set 17 assorted chicken eggs today for a VDay hatch. 8 are Lav Ams from Garry Farm and the rest are a BY mix mystery bunch.

My Brinsea mini is empty though so you never know, may set more eggs at many moment, lol!

Congrats and welcome!! Hope al lgoes well with that hatch!!!

Eggs arrived today! They are settling, and the sinkubator is fired up and has been steady as a rock. This will be my first hatch, so excited!

From left to right:
8 Swedish Flower Hens
2 Olive-Eggers
3 Mystery Eggs

The unidentified ones are quite a bit smaller, so I am thinking a bantam... for some reason my gut is saying Silkie. Will be fun to find out!
woot.gif

OMG... Guess I'll be longer than Feb 4th for the Hatchalong. Just got an auction for a dozen White Marans eggs. Adding in the 26 TJ's chicks still going strong, I'm gonna be up to my eyeballs in white feathers....
gig.gif

Great assortment of chicks expected here! I can't wait to see everyone's photos!! I have 7 bantam cochin eggs in the incubator due Feb 8. Super excited for a few more little fuzzy butts here!
Aww, cant wait to see the tiny cute chicks!!!

What was supposed to be black Ohiki chick hatch only has turned into

6 BLACK X BBR ohiki set 1-21 hatch 2-11

15 ohiki and ohiki orpington under a broody set 1-23 hatch 2-13

5 of the above are now in the incubator due to me worrying about her covering 21 eggs.

1 blackXblack ohiki, 1 blackXbbr ohiki,
2 ohiki pen, and 3 orp X ohiki, 4 svart hona, and 6 swedish flower
Set 1-24 hatch 2-14

February looks like it's gonna be crazy! Also went from 20 or so eggs to 41.

Chicken math, need I say more?

I wish chicken math applied to my bank account -- I'd be rich! -- but somehow I don't think compounding interest has quite the same rates of expanding.

Today is day 22nd of incubation, I candled the eggs and threw out most of them, they were clear
like this one and one was just black

6 of them were not very clear so I will keep for a few more days and 7 of them looked like this one which has movement and I think still viable

I hope to get a few ducklings still.

I usually candle on the 7th day. If you set on Tuesday at 7 pm then candle the following Tuesday at 7 pm or after. That would be 7 full days. Anytime after the 7 days you should be able to see some growth. I just candled mine for the first time on the 8th day and saw movement in 25 of the 38 I set. Not to bad cause I was expecting much worse considering the cold Temps we had here during me collecting eggs for the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom