Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
We are heading into a major storm here in the Northeast so I am coming up with lots of options if our power should go out. Fortunately all three vehicles are gassed up and I have an electrical outlet car adaptor, so I think I should be able to keep the incubator going for a long time if our power goes out. Hoping it doesn't!!! Mid-winter hatches may not be my best plan!! Keep your fingers crossed for me and the eggs that we don't lose power. There are 3 maybe 4 eggs in my bator that are showing great development.

Thank for adding me ChickyChickens, put 24 barnyard mixes in this morning. Here we go again, lol.
thumbsup.gif

We are heading into a major storm here in the Northeast so I am coming up with lots of options if our power should go out. Fortunately all three vehicles are gassed up and I have an electrical outlet car adaptor, so I think I should be able to keep the incubator going for a long time if our power goes out. Hoping it doesn't!!! Mid-winter hatches may not be my best plan!! Keep your fingers crossed for me and the eggs that we don't lose power. There are 3 maybe 4 eggs in my bator that are showing great development.
hugs.gif

We are heading into a major storm here in the Northeast so I am coming up with lots of options if our power should go out.  Fortunately all three vehicles are gassed up and I have an electrical outlet car adaptor, so I think I should be able to keep the incubator going for a long time if our power goes out.  Hoping it doesn't!!!  Mid-winter hatches may not be my best plan!!  Keep your fingers crossed for me and the eggs that we don't lose power.  There are 3 maybe 4 eggs in my bator that are showing great development.
Best of luck, hope the storm isn't as bad as they are forcasting. We had a power outage New Years eve with eggs in the bator and week old chicks in a brooder. Thank goodness we purchased a generator after a really severe winter storm 3 years before. Hubby was able to get us powered up and running in about 15 minutes, so no harm done. Stay safe & warm :)

We are heading into a major storm here in the Northeast so I am coming up with lots of options if our power should go out.  Fortunately all three vehicles are gassed up and I have an electrical outlet car adaptor, so I think I should be able to keep the incubator going for a long time if our power goes out.  Hoping it doesn't!!!  Mid-winter hatches may not be my best plan!!  Keep your fingers crossed for me and the eggs that we don't lose power.  There are 3 maybe 4 eggs in my bator that are showing great development.
No power outages for you and the babies. I love the backup plan if the power does go out. Great thinking.

Best of luck, hope the storm isn't as bad as they are forcasting. We had a power outage New Years eve with eggs in the bator and week old chicks in a brooder. Thank goodness we purchased a generator after a really severe winter storm 3 years before. Hubby was able to get us powered up and running in about 15 minutes, so no harm done. Stay safe & warm
smile.png

No power outages for you and the babies. I love the backup plan if the power does go out. Great thinking.

We are doing good...upwards of 30 inches so far, but the power is holding steady. The snow is still coming down heavy, but the winds have subsided a bit. All the critters (horses and chickens) are snuggled into the barn and staying toasty. So we are faring well.
cool.png

9 eggs and counting! Mom has been broody for days, but keeps laying more! I think we may have a protracted hatch over the course of a few days at the end of February... I couldn't get within a foot of the nest box with a mop without getting attacked, and when I let the drake out to stretch his legs, bathe in the cats' water dish, and generally lounge around the house, she was reluctant to follow, so I suspect we are nearing the end of laying... I'm really tempted to fire up the incubator and let her lay a few more to sit on herself...

Awful picture, but mom (the washed out blob in front) was not letting my any closer...

She is a little more cooperative about pictures when she knows her eggs are safe....

Back
Top Bottom