Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Candled and weighed my 7 eggs. Today is day 8.

One had a blood ring and another was cracked even further than the first time I candled it. I removed them both and broke them in a zip lock bag. Both were not developing.

I'm down to 5 eggs now. One is a blue egg from my EAster Egger...I so want that one to hatch! The other 4 eggs are from my black, pink egg laying EE. I hatched one of her eggs last go around. The chick was really cute but I really don't want 4 black chicks. I guess we'll know what we get in another 2 weeks!

It's so exciting to see life developing inside the eggs! I could actually see movement.

I started with 7 too. Looks like I may have two duds also...
I've got two EE eggs in mine. One is developing like crazy, the other is pretty hard to see through, but definitely developing. They came from black EE's so my guess is they'll be black too! :)

I checked mine and I've got 15 developing under a broody and out of 21 far enough along to even attempt to see anything I see development in at least 16. They're only 3 to 4 days along though so can't count anyone out yet! I can see lots of little heart beats though!

Last edited:
I started with 7 too. Looks like I may have two duds also...
I've got two EE eggs in mine. One is developing like crazy, the other is pretty hard to see through, but definitely developing. They came from black EE's so my guess is they'll be black too! :)

What color eggs does your black EE lay? Mine are pinkish.

What color eggs does your black EE lay? Mine are pinkish.

It's actually not mine, I got my eggs from a local farmer. I could tell from the beards and pea combs that he had Ameraucana/EEs, so I was excited to get some eggs. The two I'm talking about are blue. Not all EEs are predominately Ameraucana gene-based. So sometimes they lay other colors... My daughter would love pink eggs, but her love of silkies won out over her wanting pink eggs...
This is just a test hatch. Next month I'll start with the *real* eggs- silkies and Lav Ameraucanas, then March will be more silkies, Wheaten Ameraucanas, and Golden Cuckoo Marans... :)

I checked mine and I've got 15 developing under a broody and out of 21 far enough along to even attempt to see anything I see development in at least 16. They're only 3 to 4 days along though so can't count anyone out yet! I can see lots of little heart beats though!
Sweet! Good luck on your hatch!

Okay, folks, day 7 candling on my first ever try with incubating eggs...

Hi welcome to incubating, definitely leave egg #2 & #6 until day 10. If I had to guess I would say they are clear & very porous but I'm not a expert on candling. The others look like they all have veining which is good. Personally I would bump my humidity just a freckle. My experience with leghorn eggs is they lose weight pretty fast and can get too large of an air cell if not watched closely. But that is my opinion only, dont feel like you need to change anything if you don't want too. Enjoy your hatching experience, you watch, you will turn into hatching a junkie like the rest of us, lol.

Set my anticipated hatch date at 2/24. Even with her mate's encouragement, mom was uncomfortable leaving her nest, and refused to come out for a warm bath in the evening. That time when the drake called to her, she simply ignored him. She's been really broody for days, but I started the countdown with the behavior change.
Now comes the wait.....

I set 60 chicken eggs in my incubator on Jan 26 with hatch date being Feb 16.

Does anyone double stack their turner? If so, was it successful?
Aweosme!!! You wanna be on the memebrs list??? I'll add you but others...PLEASE PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emmm...i did once...and its wasnt really too succesfull!!!

Sorry, I missed the PM. Thanks for adding me.

I plan to rotate the eggs a couple of times a day so the ones on the top get a turn in the tray as well. Hopefully they will be fine!

Back
Top Bottom