Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Here are some pictures of 3 of my silkie mixes Jan/Feb straddled hatch. I ended up with 4 chicks total, but I accidentally deleted the 4th ones pictures because I thought they were one of the other ones extra pictures.

What cutie chicks! How's the straddler doing? Mine is actually able to stand today and walk and hobble around. He fell in the feed dish but at least he is making it to it. I am going to splint him back up tonight.

What cutie chicks!  How's the straddler doing?  Mine is actually able to stand today and walk and hobble around. He fell in the feed dish but at least he is making it to it. I am going to splint him back up tonight. 
Mine was a mild case so it was walking right away, but not real good. I took off the bracing today and it was a bit better not not 100%. Put the bracing back on and will check tomorrow. Glad yours made it on its feet today. As soon as I put the bracing on mine it started running around. Made a huge difference in its walking ability.

Here are some pictures of 3 of my silkie mixes Jan/Feb straddled hatch. I ended up with 4 chicks total, but I accidentally deleted the 4th ones pictures because I thought they were one of the other ones extra pictures.

Silkie mixes with what or different colors mixes same breed?

Lockdown today... 23 eggs look really good! Can hardly catch my breath, picking up atleast 2 dozen EE eggs tomorrow and resetting in my new incubator.. Depending on how this goes lady may provide me with eggs to incubate if I promise her three out of every batch... lol... Not sure I want to do it, Turkeys will start laying soon and the new incubator is supposed to be for their eggs
big_smile.png

Quandry time. Since I'm new to the hatching of eggs, and my little incubator, I figured I'd have some duds of the 7 I set last week, so I have some nice backup NJ eggs I was really excited to swap in after candling. Only I think all 7 are developing. 5 for sure, even saw one little NJ-to-be dancing around already, or it didn't appreciate being blinded by the light. So can backup eggs last for 3 weeks on the counter in a carton? Seriously figured I'd be lucky if one or two of the eggs in there did anything! I'll post pictures of the couple question marks later when I can have the room darker. They have shade on one side, and I think veining, but nothing like 4 of the NJ eggs that are really easy to tell!

I better get on making that home made incubator before I have a breakdown over the eggs sitting on the counter!!

Quandry time. Since I'm new to the hatching of eggs, and my little incubator, I figured I'd have some duds of the 7 I set last week, so I have some nice backup NJ eggs I was really excited to swap in after candling. Only I think all 7 are developing. 5 for sure, even saw one little NJ-to-be dancing around already, or it didn't appreciate being blinded by the light. So can backup eggs last for 3 weeks on the counter in a carton? Seriously figured I'd be lucky if one or two of the eggs in there did anything! I'll post pictures of the couple question marks later when I can have the room darker. They have shade on one side, and I think veining, but nothing like 4 of the NJ eggs that are really easy to tell!

I better get on making that home made incubator before I have a breakdown over the eggs sitting on the counter!!
I did about the same thing last month and asked around for another incubator to borrow, sounds like you may ahve some chicks soon! Good luck Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD

Here are my questionables.

Egg 1: not completely clear, has that dark area, but it moves as I move the egg. Not sure what to do with it.

Egg2: This is a darker shelled IA Blue egg, and has a dark area that doesn't move, but I'm not sure if I can see any veining. It's only day 6 tho'.

Egg3: Also IA Blue egg, same dark area as egg2. Might see veining in the picture... not as easy as the Jaer eggs!

The other 4 Jaer eggs all have good veining and movement. A lot can happen in 15 days I know but it's still COOL!
smile.png

I'll give the questionables more time. Unless one or more is obviously not going to happen - to an experienced viewer, then I can swap in another Jaer! I have one picked out and everything.

Back
Top Bottom