Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
@LadyHawkeAvry - Thanks! The infertile glow is pretty obvious I just didn't want to assume it was that simple. I'll toss that one. 6/7 at day 7 for me is a win tho'! Guess my next batch will be an experiment with different eggs from the 3 weeks I'll be collecting them. Will try a range of ages and see how they do. Really didn't expect this little trio of Jaers to be so generous! And I haven't even put my IA Blues in breeding pens so those two eggs are just more for fun!

ChickyChick, gotta have pics!
hmm.png
will try!! My cam aint working!!

Its
Did that egg freeze? You have to be experiencing that same cold weather as we are...

It's brutal out here! I have mom in a nest box in the bathroom. I think it was her first egg of the season, and she was stepping on them all before she settled in tho the business of brooding. I wouldn't have seen the cracks if I didn't candle. They were huge, but really fine. After I knew where they were I could feel them with my fingernail.
I'm picking up a batch of gals all laying fertile eggs later today. I don't think I'll get any live ones for my incubatior since it's been so cold! -12 predicted for Wednesday!!! Even confined, those eggs will freeze fast in this weather!!
I think with his egg though, mom was just a klutz....

Okay, so when I left the house my incubator was reading 99 and 63%. My boyfriend just called me and the incubator was reading 88 (brinsea stick thermometer 93) and 64%. How is this possible?? Nothing has changed, incubator wasn't unplugged and the top was on securely. Are these little dips in temperature going to affect my hatch?? I don't understand why this is happening now, everything has been steady temp-wise the whole incubation period! I'm on day 19 and on pins and needles!!

Back
Top Bottom