Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Good luck! And know I have a question....last night, my mum turned the heat down on my room and this morning the eggs were at only 85 degrees. They just started lockdown.do you think this is going to affect them? I turned it back up to about 100-98. I might cry if I don't get any at all...I set a goal of at least four chicks....

I hope not... My eggs are set to go through a cooling cycle each day. The temp drops to the 80's for an hour or so. Not during lockdown... hopefully yours will be okay. I think the cool err is just a bit forgiving. Unlike the hot err when they just die.

12 days!!!! Good thing I'm having to work a lot of hours so I can't actually sit there staring at them....
Yeah...the part of getting yourself away from the bator is REALLY difficult!!! I have been doing it for nealry 8 weeks in a row now and im still not over it...
he.gif

I would love to thinks so. Did you try covering part of it with a towel or something to try to get temp up?

When I'm doubting my temperature is accurate, I use the temperature probe on my husband's multimeter. I thread it through one of the lower vent holes in my incubator and between the eggs to get a point temperature. It's a lot more accurate than the thermometer/hygrometer combo I have in the incubator, and allows me to get a good baseline as to what my regular thermometer should be reading. I can't use it all the time, because it does not do a continuous reading, but at times when I am unsure about the stability of the temperature, I will leave the probe in place and just take point temperature readings on a regular basis. Invariably when my readings get way different than the probe, I end up having to replace the batteries in my incubator thermometer, or the entire thermometer/hygrometer unit...

Thanks for the good advice, the egg hatched during the night, working to get the temp regulated today im testing both thermometers today and keeping a close eye as I'm off today. Hopefully more hatch only 6 eggs left now.

Back
Top Bottom