• 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
So a
My first duckling is here, it hatched during the night.

So adorable! Congratulations!

Getting ready to fire up the incubator for another run of duck eggs, unfortunately, my new ladies are not interested in using the nest boxes, and insist on laying outside in the snow. I would hate to have to confine them inside in order to keep from ending up with flash frozen eggs, but I may have to, either that or wait until the weather breaks before collecting more eggs to incubate...
At least I still have a dozen due to hatch this month...

Getting ready to fire up the incubator for another run of duck eggs, unfortunately, my new ladies are not interested in using the nest boxes, and insist on laying outside in the snow. I would hate to have to confine them inside in order to keep from ending up with flash frozen eggs, but I may have to, either that or wait until the weather breaks before collecting more eggs to incubate...
At least I still have a dozen due to hatch this month...

Ducks are more stubborn than chickens, I had to resort to letting them out initially after 10am then now after 8am so they can lay inside first then they free range. All the best

My saxony hen has better nesting instinct than these gals. I gave her a nest box and she moved right in. These hens just lay where they please, although a couple were investigating the nest boxes a little while ago. You are right - I never had this problem with chickens! They went out of their way to find a nice comfy box to lay in! I'm trying to get as many batches going as possible between the broodies and the incubator, and of course, upstate NY weather has other plans! (-12 and below forecast for tonight...)

Ducks are more stubborn than chickens, I had to resort to letting them out initially after 10am then now after 8am so they can lay inside first then they free range. All the best

Two sets of eggs arrived today. They both sent extras. one is Lavender Orpingtons and the other is English orps and assortment of colors. To I have a total of 18 eggs to go in the bator tomorrow. The other set is also English orps and there will be 14 providing the post office is kind to them and they all make it safely. I'll have a total of 41 orpington eggs. Now if that person I haven't heard from sends hers I'll have 46 orph eggs.

Hello all :)

I'll be building my incubator tonight and test running it till I pick up my eggs this weekend! I've had my small flock for about a year and a half and this will be my second hatch, first with incubator :) very excited for more fluffy butts!! Haven't told BF yet
1f601.png

Ooly

Two sets of eggs arrived today. They both sent extras. one is Lavender Orpingtons and the other is English orps and assortment of colors. To I have a total of 18 eggs to go in the bator tomorrow. The other set is also English orps and there will be 14 providing the post office is kind to them and they all make it safely. I'll have a total of 41 orpington eggs. Now if that person I haven't heard from sends hers I'll have 46 orph eggs.
I have english chocolate and black bantam orpingtons. I lovey english orps!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom