Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
My first duckling is here, it hatched during the night.

Ohvthat is so awesome and precious. Congratulations!

SO I have three pips in my serama eggs now! Coincidentally (?) they are all pretty much next to each other. No progress on the first two since I noticed them this morning but this new one is at the wrong end! I am going to keep a close eye on it. Anyone have any experience with chicks pipping at the wrong end of the egg? My luck continues... On a side note, is it interesting that none of my silkies have pipped yet? Are seramas notoriously early hatchers?

SO I have three pips in my serama eggs now! Coincidentally (?) they are all pretty much next to each other. No progress on the first two since I noticed them this morning but this new one is at the wrong end! I am going to keep a close eye on it. Anyone have any experience with chicks pipping at the wrong end of the egg? My luck continues... On a side note, is it interesting that none of my silkies have pipped yet? Are seramas notoriously early hatchers?
So eggciting! My silkies are always the first to pip and the last to zip. Always makes me so nervous.

this might not have anything to do with it, but I think since the eggs are small, they are ready to hatch slightly sooner. as if they fill the egg slightly sooner than larger breeds.

all the best in the hatches.

Back
Top Bottom