Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Congrats!!!! Your iffy egg should be fine if it was brief! Let us know how everything works out!

Kept an eye on the egg with it's little pip hole and about 12 hours later -- after being kicked all over the incubator by its brethren -- it started in earnest banging hunks out of the shell. By the time our dinner was done the chick was standing and swaying with its feet under it. So got four BLRW chicks! Quite happy about that and that there was no assisting necessary. Dropped the humidity down in the Brinsea and will move to the brooder tomorrow (and, of course, take pictures)

Candled the White Marans and there's four that are in really good shape (veins, proper darkening) and still a couple of days before Day 10 official candle...but sometimes with those dark eggs you just cannot tell until just about lockdown.

Nah- you are goood. Consider the hen got off her eggs to eat and stroll around the barnyard...

That's true... I'll try not to freak
1f601.png

1St hatch complete... 18/23 hatched that made it to lockdown... 1 Piped and went no further, two never piped but showed life on day 18 and 2 more looks to have died days 17-19

All in all I am happy but a bit disappointed, I realized with this hatch my fertility rates were low, solved the problem and the last two weeks I have only found one infertile egg, 2nd incubator on day 3.. Hatch day is Feb 25th so I am still within the Feb hatch-a-long :) These eggs are from another farm so not sure on the fertility rates. Cleaning out the done incubator tomorrow and getting ready to set my first batch of Turkey eggs hopefully next Friday.. Let the fun begin!

Anyways, enough, here are the chicks!! My hens are covered by a blue Orpington and a blue Orpington/EE mix.. Made for some interesting colors, one I am particularly in awe of is a silver almost metallic colored chick.. My daughter wants to keep it but alas, this set is already sold

Great news!! I've had 7 chicks hatch so far! Looks like another 3 for sure tonight as well. I ended up helping the malpositioned chick out of his shell after letting him tough it out for 24 hours. Here are pics of the seramas so far

HOW cute!?!?!?!?!?! Love iT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 5 eggs just went into lockdown. Candling and weight all look good. Very exciting!!
big_smile.png

Congratulations to everyone else's hatchings! I really enjoy pictures of hatches and babies.
X2!!!! Hope thye all do well and hatch!!!!

Oh, and the kids still haven't found the incubator! Yay!
Although hubby did.....
roll.png
lau.gif

Day 20 just started here...Hoping for some morning chicks~ Unfortunately, my humidity has been wonky.
jumpy.gif
wishing you morning hatchers luck!!

this is day 19!!! Maybe we will have some babies soon!
fl.gif
hoping something starts happening!!!

1St hatch complete... 18/23 hatched that made it to lockdown... 1 Piped and went no further, two never piped but showed life on day 18 and 2 more looks to have died days 17-19

All in all I am happy but a bit disappointed, I realized with this hatch my fertility rates were low, solved the problem and the last two weeks I have only found one infertile egg, 2nd incubator on day 3.. Hatch day is Feb 25th so I am still within the Feb hatch-a-long :) These eggs are from another farm so not sure on the fertility rates. Cleaning out the done incubator tomorrow and getting ready to set my first batch of Turkey eggs hopefully next Friday.. Let the fun begin!

Anyways, enough, here are the chicks!! My hens are covered by a blue Orpington and a blue Orpington/EE mix.. Made for some interesting colors, one I am particularly in awe of is a silver almost metallic colored chick.. My daughter wants to keep it but alas, this set is already sold

CONGRATS!!! They all look soo cute!!!

1St hatch complete... 18/23 hatched that made it to lockdown... 1 Piped and went no further, two never piped but showed life on day 18 and 2 more looks to have died days 17-19 All in all I am happy but a bit disappointed, I realized with this hatch my fertility rates were low, solved the problem and the last two weeks I have only found one infertile egg, 2nd incubator on day 3.. Hatch day is Feb 25th so I am still within the Feb hatch-a-long :) These eggs are from another farm so not sure on the fertility rates. Cleaning out the done incubator tomorrow and getting ready to set my first batch of Turkey eggs hopefully next Friday.. Let the fun begin! Anyways, enough, here are the chicks!! My hens are covered by a blue Orpington and a blue Orpington/EE mix.. Made for some interesting colors, one I am particularly in awe of is a silver almost metallic colored chick.. My daughter wants to keep it but alas, this set is already sold
So cute!

1St hatch complete... 18/23 hatched that made it to lockdown... 1 Piped and went no further, two never piped but showed life on day 18 and 2 more looks to have died days 17-19 All in all I am happy but a bit disappointed, I realized with this hatch my fertility rates were low, solved the problem and the last two weeks I have only found one infertile egg, 2nd incubator on day 3.. Hatch day is Feb 25th so I am still within the Feb hatch-a-long :) These eggs are from another farm so not sure on the fertility rates. Cleaning out the done incubator tomorrow and getting ready to set my first batch of Turkey eggs hopefully next Friday.. Let the fun begin! Anyways, enough, here are the chicks!! My hens are covered by a blue Orpington and a blue Orpington/EE mix.. Made for some interesting colors, one I am particularly in awe of is a silver almost metallic colored chick.. My daughter wants to keep it but alas, this set is already sold
So cute. Congratulations!

Remind me, which ones are hatching first? Or are all your different breeds set to hatch at the same time?
I have Spangled Hamburg, Belgium Quail and my Sonew first auction (CCL,OE,BCM). 16 were looking good at lockdown and 3 I could not see through and locked them down anyways. I am afraid the cold took most of one shipment. ( I have more due 2/14 too)

So, I have my first pip in a brown sonew egg at 7:30 am...Let the fun begin.

Such lovely little chicks! How cool! Sorry about your fertility rate~

Such lovely little chicks! How cool! Sorry about your fertility rate~

Well, better I discovered it then one of my customers..
big_smile.png

We fixed the problem and it was as simple as opening their run, they had 1/3 acre but our older roo spent much of his time chasing the younger roo and neither spent much time doing their thing with the ladies lol.. Now they have a lot more room, the older roo doesn't even see the younger roo for the better part of the day and each can take his hens to a different area... It was cool that once we opened that gate and let them roam the larger area I saw more fertile eggs within two or three days.

This is the hardest part about doing what I do... I think out of all I have hatched this set is the prettiest and the hardest to get rid of

Back
Top Bottom