• 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Peeping last night.
Day 20 today: 2 have pipped and are peeping.
Set up the brooder box and eco glow -- the suspense is killing me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Candled again last night, couldn't help myself! Everybody looks good so far! Even the replacement egg I just put in Tues had a nice development of veins, surprised me! Now to get a brooder ready! And of course have more eggs in line to go in!

My broody is still holding strong. The two silkie eggs I had mailed in didn't even get veining. Not fertile as far as I can see. I haven't taken them from her yet though as she freaks out when I do so maybe she knows something I don't/can't see? But she is also on 2 eggs that are looking great, EE's. She is a Silkie so she'll be surprised as they grow, haha. Hatch day is Feb. 19th for her.

Incubator is doing great too. 9/10 will make it to lock down. Hatch day is on the 19th as well.

Those of you who incubate and such, why do you do it? What do you do with all your chicks/chickens/roos?
Just curious :)

Congrats to everyone's babies!! I think I'm slowly going crazy....
1f61b.png
1f613.png
1f613.png
1f613.png

I just put 18 eggs in my LG. I expect all of them to be mutts. Hopefully i have a successful hatch!
ya.gif

Well, I did something REALLY dumb. So one more Serama hatched this morning and there haven't been any more pips in any of the remaining eggs. When I got home from work (now) I decided to investigate and I started taking the remaining eggs out one by one to gently chip a little hole to see if they had shrink wrapped or what. ONE SERAMA IS STILL ALIVE. I am freaking out and kicking myself and don't know what to do. I wrapped it in a warm wet paper towel and put it back in the incubator, but it hasn't even internally pipped yet! Once I put it back in the incubator the veins drastically reduced but it's still moving a little. I'm not sure if it's just absorbing the yolk and preparing to hatch or if it is dying. Has anyone done this before?? Please help!

Back
Top Bottom