• 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Here's a picture:

(After I put a drop of water on the membrane)

Here's a picture:

(After I put a drop of water on the membrane)

If it was me I would put it back in the incubator, on a wet paper towel with antibiotics ointment on the membrane. Read the assisted hatching thread on here.

If the blood vessels are not ready then you could kill it by breaking that membrane. So, just leave it be . Check on it in a few hours.

What day are they on?

I put it back in the incubator on a wet paper towel and poured a ton of warm water in there so the humidity is like 75%. It's on day 23. I've been looking at it every 5 minutes because I am insane and can't help it and it's still moving so I guess we'll see what happens! Two more seramas hatched but one died mysteriously and another had something, possibly wry neck, and fell over backwards in the shallow (shallow to prevent drowning) dish of water and couldn't get up and drowned. On a positive note I have two silkies and seven seramas that have hatched and are doing well.

I just had to share this sweet find:
Coated wire baskets at Dollar Tree that fit *perfectly* in my incubator as pedigree baskets! I've only got one in there now, but I could fit two and still have room around them for a third breed. Plus, they are so tall, I'm hoping the chicks won't jump out when I open the bator. :)
Also, I think I'll go back and get more for egg collecting, cuz, come on, look how cute of a basket it is!

I put it back in the incubator on a wet paper towel and poured a ton of warm water in there so the humidity is like 75%. It's on day 23. I've been looking at it every 5 minutes because I am insane and can't help it and it's still moving so I guess we'll see what happens! Two more seramas hatched but one died mysteriously and another had something, possibly wry neck, and fell over backwards in the shallow (shallow to prevent drowning) dish of water and couldn't get up and drowned. On a positive note I have two silkies and seven seramas that have hatched and are doing well.

Hopefully the little thing will hatch out for you on its own.

The two that pipped have hatched: I have two more eggs that the shell was too thick to see anything when I candled a few days ago. *sigh*
How long do I leave those eggs in before calling it a loss? We are just now on Day 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The two that pipped have hatched: I have two more eggs that the shell was too thick to see anything when I candled a few days ago. *sigh*
How long do I leave those eggs in before calling it a loss? We are just now on Day 21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have read on here til day 24 or 25. That is what I did last hatch. But you will know if it gets smelly.

Well, I did something REALLY dumb. So one more Serama hatched this morning and there haven't been any more pips in any of the remaining eggs. When I got home from work (now) I decided to investigate and I started taking the remaining eggs out one by one to gently chip a little hole to see if they had shrink wrapped or what. ONE SERAMA IS STILL ALIVE. I am freaking out and kicking myself and don't know what to do. I wrapped it in a warm wet paper towel and put it back in the incubator, but it hasn't even internally pipped yet! Once I put it back in the incubator the veins drastically reduced but it's still moving a little. I'm not sure if it's just absorbing the yolk and preparing to hatch or if it is dying. Has anyone done this before?? Please help!
Aww hope the little one makes it.

Back
Top Bottom