• 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters

I just had to share this sweet find:
Coated wire baskets at Dollar Tree that fit *perfectly* in my incubator as pedigree baskets! I've only got one in there now, but I could fit two and still have room around them for a third breed. Plus, they are so tall, I'm hoping the chicks won't jump out when I open the bator.
smile.png

Also, I think I'll go back and get more for egg collecting, cuz, come on, look how cute of a basket it is!
Might have to pick up a few of these. I have been trying to think of how to segregate during the hatch. Thanks for the idea.

What type of feed are you all using? Medicated or non-medicated chick starter?

No chick starter at all.. I use All Purpose or All Flock... 20% protein and I am not buying different feeds for different ages or type of birds. I start them on the crumbles or I will put the pellets in my blender to break them down.. Never have had an issue :)

No chick starter at all.. I use All Purpose or All Flock... 20% protein and I am not buying different feeds for different ages or type of birds. I start them on the crumbles or I will put the pellets in my blender to break them down.. Never have had an issue :)

Well I had not even given that a thought. I have always started with the chick feed then gone to layer when they are bigger.

Well I had not even given that a thought. I have always started with the chick feed then gone to layer when they are bigger.
Medicated feed for 7-10 days, then regular chick feed. Layer pellets around 16 weeks. Coccidiosis is just awful! Never had an issue this way, so I'll stick with a good thing!

i numbered my eggs and posted it on facebook and told ppl to pick the egg they think is gonna hatch first :p they loved it and i told them id name that chick after them lol. to all my city friends im the crazy chicken lady... comon i only have 19!! plus these! im barely crazy
wee.gif

on a side note.. that light is not flattering, they look way grungier :S

i numbered my eggs and posted it on facebook and told ppl to pick the egg they think is gonna hatch first :p they loved it and i told them id name that chick after them lol. to all my city friends im the crazy chicken lady... comon i only have 19!! plus these! im barely crazy
wee.gif

on a side note.. that light is not flattering, they look way grungier :S

What a good idea!!!!!

i numbered my eggs and posted it on facebook and told ppl to pick the egg they think is gonna hatch first :p they loved it and i told them id name that chick after them lol. to all my city friends im the crazy chicken lady... comon i only have 19!! plus these! im barely crazy :weee on a side note.. that light is not flattering, they look way grungier :S
Your not crazy. I love the idea and it gets your city friends involved with what you are doing. Can I use that idea?

Decided to wait til Monday, then performing "eggtopsies" on the remaining two eggs and unplugging/cleaning the Bator.
Hoping to grab a dozen new eggs Tuesday and restart 7 more this week.
If anything happens to my two living chicks, I'm SOL.
Wanting/needing three hens out of all this... First egg that hatched yesterday, all I could think was, "****, this must be a rooster."
1f604.png

28ab2478286f2c10e4475be17af56e14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decided to wait til Monday, then performing "eggtopsies" on the remaining two eggs and unplugging/cleaning the Bator.
Hoping to grab a dozen new eggs Tuesday and restart 7 more this week.
If anything happens to my two living chicks, I'm SOL.
Wanting/needing three hens out of all this... First egg that hatched yesterday, all I could think was, "****, this must be a rooster."
1f604.png

28ab2478286f2c10e4475be17af56e14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cute chick!! Is the egg on the right of it pipping??

Back
Top Bottom