Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
I have my first pip!
big_smile.png

Hey, what great news~ Good luck
bun.gif

Although to date I haven't tracked my humidity within the bator I agree, 60-65 is a good target and once they start hatching the humidity will go up.

I bought a new bator that is digital for hatching turkeys, it shows me the humidity within the bator, it has been ranging between 39-47 and I am on day 5 .. I am not worried as if that's what its showing that is what it has been for my other hatches.. It will be interesting when I ad the sponges and see if it does indeed take it up to 60-65..

Sponges will do the trick. Just make sure you can get water to them without opening the lid. Like aquarium tube or a syringe or something...

Sponges will do the trick. Just make sure you can get water to them without opening the lid. Like aquarium tube or a syringe or something...

Yep, I have done the straw... If they look really dry and I cant get to the others I have in the past got my humidifier going , got the room nice and humid and opened the bator to rewet but that's only when I have had a few that had piped.

Yes! That egg hatched 2 hours after the chick on the left emerged. They are both happy and healthy (so far!) in their brooder -- moved them after 14 hours, nice and dry.
These are my "fridge egg" birds from a free ranging flock.
The chick pictured is a BRxEE, and the other is EExEE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom