Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Today is lockdown for me. I filled all my wells with water and put wet papertowel down so the little one won't get stuck in the grate. Set 6 silkie eggs and only made it to lockdown. I am happy with the one it is better than none. I know someone who set 15 and at 5 days no development on any. So I am happy with my 1. Come on little one hatch for momma.:D

Today is lockdown for me. I filled all my wells with water and put wet papertowel down so the little one won't get stuck in the grate. Set 6 silkie eggs and only made it to lockdown. I am happy with the one it is better than none. I know someone who set 15 and at 5 days no development on any. So I am happy with my 1. Come on little one hatch for momma.:D

Good luck for the 1!!!
1f423.png

Good luck little silkie!
Soooo I have a question. When I put the eggs into lockDown, the temp dropped to 85 and it lasted for about a night. I got it back up to about 101. Is this going to cause a delay in the hatch?

The other two were not fertile!
I won't be setting that hen's eggs again -- they are too thick to see through. Cleaned and disinfected the incubator, and letting it air dry.
Going to set the incubator again in 48 hours, with another 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck for the 1!!!
1f423.png

X2!! Hope everything goes smoothly!

X3 Bon...go silkie go!

Good luck little silkie!
Soooo I have a question. When I put the eggs into lockDown, the temp dropped to 85 and it lasted for about a night. I got it back up to about 101. Is this going to cause a delay in the hatch?
Thank you everyone. Will keep you posted. I may by a day or two. But maybe not. When they are ready they are ready. Good luck!

My first egg has hatched and is trampling the other eggs. Do I absolutely need to wait for the chick to dry before moving him to the brooder?

Back
Top Bottom