Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
My first egg has hatched and is trampling the other eggs. Do I absolutely need to wait for the chick to dry before moving him to the brooder?

resist the urge to open the incubator the chick will encourage others to hatch.

Here are some pics...chickzilla is in the front. First to hatch of course and wild in the incubator. There are two more pips in there and I had a stuck one that I unstuck and put back in. Had unzipped this am and got glued in.

Here are some pics...chickzilla is in the front. First to hatch of course and wild in the incubator. There are two more pips in there and I had a stuck one that I unstuck and put back in. Had unzipped this am and got glued in.

Cute little fluff balls! Congratulations!

End of day 19 for me... I kind of thought they'd be rocking already?
Can someone list off milestones and when to expect them (like rocking, internal pip, etc)?
*chicken eggs, btw...

Thanks...the little dark guys with the chestnut faces are belgium quail d'anvers. The 2 little yellowish ones with the polka dots are the spangled hamburgs. The rest are from the sonew auction of Crested Cream Legbars, Black copper marans and Olive eggers. (I have no idea which is which...)

I just had the last two pippers hatch out. So, there are 3 little ones left in the incubator running around. I have another 4 belgiums with no action a hamburg and a couple that I couldn't see through so i put them in lockdown. So, i am thinking I am done with this hatch...but, i am leaving the incubator closed until tomorrow morning to see if anyone else wants to come out. Today is day 22 until Noon tomorrow.

Thanks...the little dark guys with the chestnut faces are belgium quail d'anvers. The 2 little yellowish ones with the polka dots are the spangled hamburgs.  The rest are from the sonew auction of Crested Cream Legbars, Black copper marans and Olive eggers. (I have no idea which is which...)

I just had the last two pippers hatch out. So, there are 3 little ones left in the incubator running around. I have another 4 belgiums with no action a hamburg and a couple that I couldn't see through so i put them in lockdown. So, i am thinking I am done with this hatch...but, i am leaving the incubator closed until tomorrow morning to see if anyone else wants to come out. Today is day 22 until Noon tomorrow. 

I'm guessing your black chicks are olive eggers (usually black is a dominant color with crosses). The BCMs usually look like little tuxedos. Black backs and white bellies. Couldn't really see any matching that... But sometimes you never know! :)

Back
Top Bottom