Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
I just bought a second bator, just as a back up, wink... wink... Who am I kidding?

I have 52 good eggs still in bator #1 to hatch on the 16th. Didn't quite make it for Valentines day.

I keep seeing every ones chicks and am getting so excited for my new batch for fluffy butts.

OK, 26 eggs in my Janoel 48 egg incubator.

I'm on day 2 so technically I'm due March 1.

I have 12 from a local woman--beautiful eggs of mutt layers. Really excited about those for their high bred vigor. 14 of my own. My chocolate orpington covering my chocolate hen and 1 astrolorph, 2 americanas (hoping for OEs), and my barnvelder who is an amazing layer and mom!

Will be candeling in 5 days!!!!!!

Ok this morning was day 14 for me. I candled & weighed all 14. They are doing wonderful and I'm thinking I might have a twin in my one pearl leghorn egg. Didn't say anything on day 7 because I was un-sure. I've never seen a forming egg with twins in it so I'm just as un-sure on day 14. I can honestly say I never seen a egg look like this in any of my former hatches. Was not intentionally trying for this because they usually don't survive. So I guess it's going to be a wait and see. One more week until H-day, then I will know for certain, lol.

Some pics of my chicks that hatched yesterday and today. I don't have pics of all 5 yet. I was so surprised when I found they have feathered legs! I thought the light tan eggs came from my black Easter Egger but they must be from my buff brahma which would make these brahma x EE.

This one is an EE x EE...it may have a muff!

Last edited:
Ok this morning was day 14 for me. I candled & weighed all 14. They are doing wonderful and I'm thinking I might have a twin in my one pearl leghorn egg. Didn't say anything on day 7 because I was un-sure. I've never seen a forming egg with twins in it so I'm just as un-sure on day 14. I can honestly say I never seen a egg look like this in any of my former hatches. Was not intentionally trying for this because they usually don't survive. So I guess it's going to be a wait and see. One more week until H-day, then I will know for certain, lol.

Can't wait to see how the twin thing works out... One more week!

I just bought a second bator, just as a back up, wink... wink... Who am I kidding?

I have 52 good eggs still in bator #1 to hatch on the 16th. Didn't quite make it for Valentines day.

I keep seeing every ones chicks and am getting so excited for my new batch for fluffy butts.

Wow~ 52 eggs ~ Holy cow. How are they developing?

Some pics of my chicks that hatched yesterday and today. I don't have pics of all 5 yet. I was so surprised when I found they have feathered legs! I thought the light tan eggs came from my black Easter Egger but they must be from my buff brahma which would make these brahma x EE.

This one is an EE x EE...it may have a muff!
They are so beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom