Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
LOL! I have the bator double stacked. I started with 60 eggs. Pulled 5 for not being fertile, and pulled 2 out yesterday for not developing, and one with a blood ring. I bought a real good flashlight the other day so can even see into the Marans and EE eggs pretty good. I can see movement in all the eggs. So at this point I am optimistic. 

Can you share the brand/model of flashlight? We'll be getting Marans eggs soon, and I don't think my dollar store led is going to cut it! ;)

Yes please. I am with Rainbowchick on the Dollar Store flashlight thing. :lol:

I did figure out that if I put two of them together in a toilet paper tube, then I could see through the blue eggs. But I haven't had any dark browns to test... My guess is that I probably need a better solution. :)

Last edited:
Day 21 tomorrow!
I had one that was rocking all day today... But an accidental bump to the incubator made it roll about 8" and I haven't seen it move again... :( Hoping it's still okay! I figure it probably is, since chicks usually knock the other eggs around once they've hatched, right? It can't be much different than that...

Ok this morning was day 14 for me. I candled & weighed all 14. They are doing wonderful and I'm thinking I might have a twin in my one pearl leghorn egg. Didn't say anything on day 7 because I was un-sure. I've never seen a forming egg with twins in it so I'm just as un-sure on day 14. I can honestly say I never seen a egg look like this in any of my former hatches. Was not intentionally trying for this because they usually don't survive. So I guess it's going to be a wait and see. One more week until H-day, then I will know for certain, lol.
I am on day as well. I have never had a twin. Hope they make it!

How much movement should you see at any point during the day? I am on day 12 and am new to this. Out of my 12 eggs one has been pulled for infertility and the others are looking great. But then I have 2 eggs that are GOING to TOWN. I candled today and they are moving and "swimming" all over the dang place. All the other eggs I saw some good masses in them, but no movement what so ever.

Can you share the brand/model of flashlight? We'll be getting Marans eggs soon, and I don't think my dollar store led is going to cut it!
wink.png
The flashlight I bought is a Lux-Pro. It has 430 lumens. The ones from the dollar store are not strong enough.
I was using a mini mag light, but was not doing the trick for the darker eggs.

I think any brand will do, just need to get one that has a high lumens number.

I had to get a new brighter flashlight today too. And it did the trick. Candled my eggs tonight is day 14 so one more week to go :)
But anyways out of the 24 eggs i set i had to pull 1 blood ring. Everyone else is doing awesome!! Even a couple i was worried about. (Had a very large weird shaped ameraucana egg that i almost thought was cracked but was just formed wierd) anyways its developing away :D had a chocolate orp egg that was setting for 13 days before i set it and its going strong too! So overall im super excited with how my eggs are going. :)

Back
Top Bottom