• 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Day 21 tomorrow!
I had one that was rocking all day today... But an accidental bump to the incubator made it roll about 8" and I haven't seen it move again...
sad.png
Hoping it's still okay! I figure it probably is, since chicks usually knock the other eggs around once they've hatched, right? It can't be much different than that...
Oh boy....Anything out this morning?

I am calling the 2/7 hatch over and cleaning up the incubator-

Here's what I had:
6 spangled hamburg- 3 developed to lockdown- 2 hatched

14 Belgium Quail D'Anver- 9 to lockdown- 5 hatched- 1 pip n passed and 3 no action.

26 eggs- 18 non developers- 8 to lockdown 6 hatched - the other two I could not see through and locked them anyhow.

All shipped eggs in the dead of winter~ which I do not think helps hatch rates at all~

Here's what I had:

14 Belgium Quail D'Anver- 9 to lockdown- 5 hatched- 1 pip n passed and 3 no action.

26 eggs- 18 non developers- 8 to lockdown 6 hatched - the other two I could not see through and locked them anyhow.

All shipped eggs in the dead of winter~ which I do not think helps hatch rates at all~
28% hatch rate. That's not too bad for shipped eggs in the dead of winter. When they get chilled it's really hard on them and I'm sure they're getting chilled while be in shipped.

Just an update on my hatch. I set 38 eggs originally and 21 made it to lockdown. I had 20 of the 21 to hatch yesterday so i am excited. The weather was really cold a few days while collecting eggs so I expected more of them to be chilled to much to hatch. I was trying a new incubator to. I bought a Janoel from ebay after reading serveral reviews about it on here. Im impressed with the way it did. It held a very steady temp and humidity during the 21 days. So i would recommend it if anyone is looking for a decent incubator for a reasonable price.

28% hatch rate. That's not too bad for shipped eggs in the dead of winter. When they get chilled it's really hard on them and I'm sure they're getting chilled while be in shipped.
Actually, they were zero degree days. The ones that didn't develop...didn't even start. The ones that developed most made it to the end. So, very different type of hatch since there really weren't quiters because they weren't starters to begin with.

Here's what I had:

Not too bad for shipped eggs in the middle of winter. You always hope for the best, sometimes it's just not in the cards.

Day 21 tomorrow!
I had one that was rocking all day today... But an accidental bump to the incubator made it roll about 8" and I haven't seen it move again...
sad.png
Hoping it's still okay! I figure it probably is, since chicks usually knock the other eggs around once they've hatched, right? It can't be much different than that...

I am sure its ok. probably just resting.
I now hatch them out standing up in egg cartons so I wont have that problem. makes me nervous even though its usually not a problem

LOL! I have the bator double stacked. I started with 60 eggs. Pulled 5 for not being fertile, and pulled 2 out yesterday for not developing, and one with a blood ring. I bought a real good flashlight the other day so can even see into the Marans and EE eggs pretty good. I can see movement in all the eggs. So at this point I am optimistic.
I have to laugh! You are not kidding me. Hatching is ridiculously addictive. This is my first incubator hatch and it is WAY MORE STRESSFUL. That being said, I'm already thinking of purchasing ANOTHER bator!

Back
Top Bottom