Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
BTW- I bought a tactical flashlight off ebay. It is amazingly bright. It plugs into the wall for recharging. You can even concentrate the beam. $13 and indispensable on the farm!

I made it 2 weeks before getting another bator. <sigh> It's warming up now. Second set of eggs picked out. My NJ hens aren't helping. They could take a break if they wanted.... I'd be okay with that for a few weeks! At least I haven't put my IABs in breeding pens yet. And then there are the auctions.... I need to come up with some sort of plan. But my last plan had me just doing a little hatching, 7 at a time in my *one* Mini... Turns out I can actually fit 10 NJ eggs in a Mini, just did it in the SECOND Mini on the counter now. I think I need an intervention. After 2 weeks! Or a cabinet bator!! : ) There aren't even any chicks yet!! There there's 2-3 little white Silky x EE eggs that would be fun to try...

OK, off to make a quiche now! Or is that rude to say on an incubating thread?? Hope not, it's a great recipe. : )

At the "twiddling my thumbs" stage with my eggs.. I feel I'm constantly checking them to see if they're moving yet (day 5...yep). Ive had to resist the urge to grab the incubator and shout " WAKEY WAKEY!!"
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

(Don't laugh, I did this when my daughter was first born.. I'd poke at her to get her to wake up so we could play
1f602.png
1f631.png
. Hahahhaa!!)

Can you share the brand/model of flashlight? We'll be getting Marans eggs soon, and I don't think my dollar store led is going to cut it! ;)

We use a Fenix LED flashlight, in the 900+ lumens range. A bit pricey as flashlights go, but you can see through anything with it and it doesn't get hot as quickly as the traditional flashlights do.

Put my first batch old enough to sex up for sale last night. Sold half of them already. That's what is called "enabling" a hatchaholic. Starting to think I need another 'bator. Oh well, still have my Feb. HALs coming along
big_smile.png

7:00pm on day 21....
Still no pips! *Really* hoping these chicks get going! And I especially hope at least some of them are alive. Seven eggs set, five in lockdown. I'd love to at least get two to hatch by tomorrow at 1:00..... Otherwise my class on backyard chickens at the Elementary School will be pretty boring.....

(I can just hear it now... "Don't count your chickens till they hatch!")

7:00pm on day 21....
Still no pips! *Really* hoping these chicks get going! And I especially hope at least some of them are alive. Seven eggs set, five in lockdown. I'd love to at least get two to hatch by tomorrow at 1:00..... Otherwise my class on backyard chickens at the Elementary School will be pretty boring.....

(I can just hear it now... "Don't count your chickens till they hatch!")
Rainbow...I hope they hatch for you here soon also!

Back
Top Bottom