• 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Egg-topsies today.....all dead
I am sorry this happened... I was holding out hopes for your chicks!
hit.gif

My first hatch I had one ...and then he ate the cedar chips and I baked him by day 9 with the heat lamp ....very sad

I know it doesn't make you feel better but I cried over mine too!

I do favor the brinsea products tho

I set 42 in the Hovabator on Saturday evening.

3x mutt
5x olive egger
11x RIR
23x White Leghorn

All of the above layers are crossed with my monster easter egger rooster (I believe he is 5-6 years old now)

Candeling later tonight

Update on Day 10
Candeling round 2.
18 of the White Leghorn cross are showing a ton of development, while NONE of the green or brown eggs show any veins, just a cloud which could be the yolk.

I'll candle again on Saturday or Sunday, and hope the shells are just too dark to see the tiny veins.

Last edited:
Well, I couldn't hold back any longer.... I candled them... (and added some wet paper towels)
So much for "not opening the bator till they all hatch"!
At least three had movement. Couldn't tell on the other two... One even looked like maybe an internal pip, but I'm not sure I've seen enough pics of that to recognize it. Hoping to have three little chickies by morning!! :)

Well, I couldn't hold back any longer.... I candled them... (and added some wet paper towels)
At least three had movement. Couldn't tell on the other two... One even looked like maybe an internal pip, but I'm not sure I've seen enough pics of that to recognize it. Hoping to have three little chickies by morning!! :)
That is awesome!

My first hatch I had one ...and then he ate the cedar chips and I baked him by day 9 with the heat lamp ....very sad
We have accidentally killed 4 babies ducks, and a gosling with a heat lamp. We left for a day and the day turned to about 95. We came home to a very quiet broader.
I know it doesn't make you feel better but I cried over mine too!

I do favor the brinsea products tho

I would've done the same thing! Hahhaha good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom