Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Both my bators are full. My first batch is due on Valentines day. The rest are staggered. I'll have to put my broodies to work if I want to hatch more eggs for a while. I need to get one of my bators empty so I can use it for a hatcher. As it is right now I'll have to turn off my turner and wait till that set hatches and turn it back on. I'll turn it off when it's at an angle then hand turn them till I turn it back on.

[COLOR=0000FF]Twin update?!!!!!![/COLOR]
I candled both of my pearl leghorn eggs tonight. They look so unusual, usually by this time day 15 the chick is getting pretty big. There is such heavy veining in both eggs, unlike I've ever seen before. In fact one of the egg veins have extended to the air cell. There is so much moving in the eggs. I would think that the eggs would be so crowded if there is twins in them. When candled I can see a object sitting up higher on 2 sides of the egg. Both sides moving around. Is it possible that if the egg/eggs hold twins that they are just on the smaller side because there are 2 in there. Just wish I had more experience with this.

So I accidently knocked one of my marans eggs and gave it some fractures. That was around day 4. I thought that it was pretty mush it for that one, but I left it in the bator and after candling the other day I would say im 99% sure its alive (hard to tell with such a dark egg). Any thoughts on whether it has a chance? Will there be problems as the embryo keeps growing? The air cell looks great, so I have some hope.

So I accidently knocked one of my marans eggs and gave it some fractures. That was around day 4. I thought that it was pretty mush it for that one, but I left it in the bator and after candling the other day I would say im 99% sure its alive (hard to tell with such a dark egg). Any thoughts on whether it has a chance? Will there be problems as the embryo keeps growing? The air cell looks great, so I have some hope so

How did you treat the fracture? I have waxed a candle before that was cracked..only issue is the risk with it blowing up.

I candled both of my pearl leghorn eggs tonight. They look so unusual, usually by this time day 15 the chick is getting pretty big. There is such heavy veining in both eggs, unlike I've ever seen before. In fact one of the egg veins have extended to the air cell. There is so much moving in the eggs. I would think that the eggs would be so crowded if there is twins in them. When candled I can see a object sitting up higher on 2 sides of the egg. Both sides moving around. Is it possible that if the egg/eggs hold twins that they are just on the smaller side because there are 2 in there. Just wish I had more experience with this.

I think this is so cool because I have had zero exposure to this!

So I accidently knocked one of my marans eggs and gave it some fractures. That was around day 4. I thought that it was pretty mush it for that one, but I left it in the bator and after candling the other day I would say im 99% sure its alive (hard to tell with such a dark egg). Any thoughts on whether it has a chance? Will there be problems as the embryo keeps growing? The air cell looks great, so I have some hope.
I've done that before. Sealed them with nail polish. They were fine and they have hatched fine.

Four pips!!
Whipped out my stethoscope to check the fifth... It died... :(
Eggtopsy revealed he had pipped on the wrong end of the egg... He was the one that was rocking all day on day 20... Poor guy! :(

Four pips!!
Eggtopsy revealed he had pipped on the wrong end of the egg... He was the one that was rocking all day on day 20... Poor guy! :(
I have never even thought about trying to use a stethoscope on them, going to get one today

I tot
Four pips!!

I totally never thought about using my stethoscope on my eggs!! The small bell without a diaphragm would be perfect for those high pitched cheeps and little movements! What a great idea!!

Back
Top Bottom