Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
How did you treat the fracture? I have waxed a candle before that was cracked..only issue is the risk with it blowing up.

I have heard of that method, but I was hesitant to try it. I had just left it how it is, but I'm afraid it might lose too much moister down the road.

I've done that before. Sealed them with nail polish. They were fine and they have hatched fine.

Ok, awesome. Have not heard of this before, but I think i'll try it.

I have NO experience with twins. I am enthusiastically following this!

Stethoscope is a great idea.

What humidity do all of you aim for in the first 18 days?

What humidity do all of you aim for in the first 18 days
This is where you are going to get 150 different answers...In upstate NY in the dead of winter I have found that 50% humidity day 1-18 works great here. Then increase gradually to 65% at lockdown.

This is all trial and error...and more error. What works for one may not work for others at all.

I put my eggs into lockdown yesterday, woke up this morning and my incubator was at 95F! I have no idea what happened, and I can't get the temp back up above 97F. My humidity is great.

I'm so sad because I'm sure I lost all the eggs - the temps were so solid the whole time and were fine before I went to bed.

I've bumped my house temp up since I'm home all day and keeping a close eye. Only time will tell. I will be purchasing a new incubator more than likely. I am going to run some grocery store eggs for a week or so to see if I can figure out the issue.

I put my eggs into lockdown yesterday, woke up this morning and my incubator was at 95F! I have no idea what happened, and I can't get the temp back up above 97F. My humidity is great.

I'm so sad because I'm sure I lost all the eggs - the temps were so solid the whole time and were fine before I went to bed.

I've bumped my house temp up since I'm home all day and keeping a close eye. Only time will tell. I will be purchasing a new incubator more than likely. I am going to run some grocery store eggs for a week or so to see if I can figure out the issue.

Oh no...This isn't good....you are not the first one on here with a temp drop on their incubator this HAL. I am so sorry this happened to your hatch. Crossing my fingers for you!

Can you try the temps from different locations in your incubator? My stupid Hovabator was running a 5 degree difference in the incubator depending upon location that i put the probe. I never noticed it until i got the Brinsea spot check.So, I don't know whether it was like that since i bought it or i just came across it....

i hope that you can figure this out!

my babies are due on the 19th. I started with 14 removed 1 on day 11 because it was a yolker removed another one yesterday on day 12 because it was a quitter =/ 12 to go... this is my first time so ive been doing research every day lol. they are 11 are cross breeds 1 is a silkie

What humidity do all of you aim for in the first 18 days?

What Purpletie said is very true. I do the dry incubation method, so I don't even have a hygrometer in my bator. I monitor humidity by looking at the air cell when I candle. One reason why I think the dry method works well for me is that here in southern Wi, especially in the warm months, it is very humid outside for the most part. I've never hatched this early in the year before, so we will see what happens, though so far I am at day 12 and the air cells are looking good. I did add a medicine cup half full a couple days ago. But it is all part of the trial and error previously mentioned.

What Purpletie said is very true. I do the dry incubation method, so I don't even have a hygrometer in my bator. I monitor humidity by looking at the air cell when I candle. One reason why I think the dry method works well for me is that here in southern Wi, especially in the warm months, it is very humid outside for the most part. I've never hatched this early in the year before, so we will see what happens, though so far I am at day 12 and the air cells are looking good. I did add a medicine cup half full a couple days ago. But it is all part of the trial and error previously mentioned.

Yup this is what I do too. I monitor air cell growth and/or egg weight loss and adjust humidity accordingly.

Today is day 21 for my lonely silkie egg. I don't think it made it. No movement no pip no nothin. Going to give it a couple more days, but the air cell is getting really big, in my book. Humidity is good temp is right on. I tried. :(

Back
Top Bottom