Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
All three hatched late last night, so I left them in the incubator overnight. This morning they are in their brooder and doing well! :)
Yay Congrats!
1f425.png

Last edited:

They are each so unique! I guess that's what I get from a "barnyard mix"!
Number three has crooked toes and splayed legs... It's not loving the shoes and bandaid! I checked his legs and replaced the bandaid with a slimmer version (the first was getting stuck on his down). They weren't ready yet. How long should I keep the shoes and bandaid on?

Number three has crooked toes and splayed legs... It's not loving the shoes and bandaid! I checked his legs and replaced the bandaid with a slimmer version (the first was getting stuck on his down). They weren't ready yet. How long should I keep the shoes and bandaid on?

cute!

Congrats Everyone on your hatches,

After the incident with temp 106 only one duckling hatched I think the other 6 eggs must have been cooked cause none hatched I had to toss them after waiting an additional 6 days, The solo duckling is doing well and I think its a straight pekin growing so fast. Yesterday mama duck started hatching and this morning I took out one duckling to keep the incubator one company in the brooder, so far they are doing great together. By end of this week I'll be able to Count how many ducklings mama duck hatched.

Here is the newbie, could be a pure Muscovy or mix scovy and pekin

So glad you hatched. I was starting to wonder myself.
For crooked toes, I usually change the shoes after three days. Both instances I have had have been corrected within a week. Same for the splayed legs strap, at least in my experience. I have read that it can take up to two weeks, but I think it is corrected faster if you catch them early like you did

Last edited:

SOOOO cute!!

I keep the band aid brace on my spraddle legs for about a week after they are up and running about with the other chicks (usually slightly over a week for the ones that spraddle at a day or two).

Between work and a kitchen remodel at home, I havent had much time for my current batch in the bator. I started out with 25 eggs. all shipped eggs. 13 Marans again, and 12 Ayam Cemani / Black Australorp crosses. Bad experience with the Ayam Cemani eggs... long story short, all were duds. None developed. The 13 Marans eggs I started wtih, 11 have something cooking inside....So I am hoping for a good hatch. They will go in lockdown on Sunday night.

Last edited:
7:00pm on day 21....
Still no pips! *Really* hoping these chicks get going! And I especially hope at least some of them are alive. Seven eggs set, five in lockdown. I'd love to at least get two to hatch by tomorrow at 1:00..... Otherwise my class on backyard chickens at the Elementary School will be pretty boring.....

(I can just hear it now... "Don't count your chickens till they hatch!")

How nerve wracking! Hope you see some action right quick.

Back
Top Bottom