Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
I am on day 14. There is 2 eggs I cannot buy anything lately to see in. Around the edge of the air cell I can see small veins. The air cell is growing though, so I will assume it will be safe for lock down since the air cell is growing?

I am on day 14. There is 2 eggs I cannot buy anything lately to see in. Around the edge of the air cell I can see small veins. The air cell is growing though, so I will assume it will be safe for lock down since the air cell is growing?

If u can see obvious veining than I assume they are alive. The veins in quitters disappear after a while. that's how I tell the difference on eggs that I cant see into very well.

Hi all put my 14 eggs in lockdown this morning. Still uncertain if I have twin eggs or not. The one I most suspect to be a twin is really worrying me though. On day 7 it had a normal air cell which I marked. Every since day 14 the air cell has filled in with veining except a small area in the center. I have never seen a egg like this before. I'm afraid if it does hold twins that there will not be enough air for them. The other egg I suspect may have a twin as well looks similar, but with a larger air cell. I guess I find out in a couple days. Best of luck to everyone going into the final days of hatching.

So exciting reading and seeing everyone's eggs pipping and hatching! My first set will get candled tonight. I just put in 15 more Isbar eggs today and will be putting in 17 more tomorrow! That's a total of 55 eggs in my bators.....the largest amount of eggs I've tried hatching yet!

I don't have the pump on my 20 Advance, but I do have to add a paper towel or sponges at lockdown to get to 65%. I can't get above 55% otherwise. Are you filling the channels as well, or relying solely on the pump for humidity? I will be ordering the pump soon, and for what I've seen in my area I think I will have to fill the channels along with the pump at lockdown.

I have used the pump on its own. It did not occur to me until today that using the pump to supplement the channel system might work better, especially since it is so dry in my house due to the central heat. I weighed my eggs during incubation and they lost what looked like too much to me in the first week, so I increased the humidity to 51% (from 45%). At lockdown my weights were just about thirteen percent on every egg, so I am hopeful that they will hatch all right.

Next time I set eggs I will have a scale that measures tenths so I watch weights better. I think I might use the channels for humidity with the pump attached for better response to changes.

Congratulations on your first pip, best of luck with your hatch.
Thank you! We started hearing intermittent peeping, too! So cool.

I weighed my eggs during incubation and they lost what looked like too much to me in the first week, so I increased the humidity to 51% (from 45%). At lockdown my weights were just about thirteen percent on every egg, so I am hopeful that they will hatch all right.

Next time I set eggs I will have a scale that measures tenths so I watch weights better. I think I might use the channels for humidity with the pump attached for better response to changes.
OK, help me out here. I have not weighed my eggs! SHould I have done this? Can I still? I'm on day 5.

I am very curious as to the why and what I should be recording? I have an amazing food scale I can use. Thanks!

So exciting reading and seeing everyone's eggs pipping and hatching! My first set will get candled tonight. I just put in 15 more Isbar eggs today and will be putting in 17 more tomorrow!  That's a total of 55 eggs in my bators.....the largest amount of eggs I've tried hatching yet!
That's a bunch, good luck with your hatches
263a.png

Back
Top Bottom