Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters

Here are my babies so far. All 4 of my eggs that I put in the bator made it to lockdown, and 3 hatched with no problems (the 3 yellow chicks). The 4th is still in there, but pipped at the wrong end. I tried to help it by turning the pipped end up and opening a tiny hole for its beak. So we'll see what it does. I got 9 other eggs from a local person, but only 4 made it to lockdown. Of those, 1 is the buff chick (ee mix), 1 hatched with a massive prolapse, and 2 eggs are still in the bator. The one with the prolapse had no chance. It had intestines and more hanging out, so I put it out of it's misery. :( I've never had to do that before.

I mentioned I might get a chance to shoot some pics of our first efforts with the incubators. The eggs shown are just for reference as to what we are working with. We have 5 Americauna ladies in with our Silver Wyandottes. The rooster is also a Wyandotte. Each of our 'Meri lays a different colored egg; green, light blue, olive, blue, and one that comes out looking pink. At first we thought it was white, but when you put next to a true white egg it's definitely a shade of pale pink. The Wyandottes lay the brown eggs of various shades.

25 eggs in the first incubator, and I just set the 2nd unit up this afternoon with 30 more.

Back
Top Bottom