• 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters

My sole svarthona hatcher

I'm curious, how many eggs did you set to get your one?
It's adorable!!
4 eggs set. 2 quit before lockdown and then 2 made it to lockdown. One pipped internally and died shortly after. Praying this is a pullet cause it will be so much easier to find a cockerel than a pullet.

They were not shipped eggs. I went and picked them up from the breeder so I guess you can say they were semi shipped.

Actually, Lil guy just got out. So now two left with two pips. Just into day 23. Unless I totally lost track of my days...
They just started pip this a.m. Hopefully, they will progress.

Well, only the one chick for me.  I candled the 2nd marans egg and it was no farther along than when I put it into lockdown.... a lot of fluid up top.  It had a very wonky air cell, so not overly surprised that it didn't make it.  

Do you think in a few days I can put the little one in with the 2-week-olds?   
If you had a few that would of hatched I would say sure if watch real close that no one is being bullied. I would be really concerned with adding just one. They could all gang up on the one because it's new. Do you have a way to get a couple new ones to go with your single. I was successful integrating new chicks with 2 wk olds, but I had 4 that hatched at once. I watched very closely to make sure that wasn't going to be problems. Good luck peepshow I hope it all works out for you.

Back
Top Bottom