Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
I had two chicks hatch this past Monday. 33 eggs were duds out of 66 in bator. ProbBly more actually, but was too depressing to keep going. These last eggs r due for lockdown on the 24th. The two Rhodebar pullets are doing well so far. They r in my utility room for now before moving to box brooder. The PO and power outages have been terribly but this is first hatch in several years. Have fingers crossed. :fl

Mine doesn't have a face on the right, it does to the left but it doesn't have a more option. I just have the basic emoji's. Thank for trying to help though
1f60a.png

You can also type certain commands you just put a colon in front of the following words.
love :love
woot :woot
Pop :pop
caf :caf
Ya :ya
welcome :welcome

There are lots more but those are all I know.

Last edited:
I stuck an egg in my mini bater 21 days ago to see if the rooster was fertilizing my hens. I hatched out one chick tonight, and have rigged a brooder. I notice the humidity in this usually humid house is very dry....wood burning stove has been cranked three days due to cold snap. The humidity is only 17 percent according to a cheap gadget. I have put open water bowls nearby and have a circulation-full room air purifier going. Should I do more to modify the dry room that houses the heat lamp and temporary brooder? Does anyone know off hand optimal brooder humidity?

Thanks in advance.

I usually do 45 to 50% days 1 to 18, then increase to 65% at lockdown. But I use the weight loss method to see if I need to increase or decrease humidity throughout the hatch.

I stuck an egg in my mini bater 21 days ago to see if the rooster was fertilizing my hens.  I hatched out one chick tonight, and have rigged a brooder.  I notice the humidity in this usually humid house is very dry....wood burning stove has been cranked three days due to cold snap.  The humidity is only 17 percent according to a cheap gadget.  I have put open water bowls nearby and have a circulation-full room air purifier going.  Should I do more to modify the dry room that houses the heat lamp and temporary brooder?   Does anyone know off hand optimal brooder humidity?

Thanks in advance.

Oops, sorry... I just reread your post and saw you were asking about on the brooder. I live in dry Colorado, and do not add humidity to the brooder. Even coming out of a humid incubator, they are fine.

Thank you, Gogetter, just the info and the answer I wanted to hear. I hate humidity...on a clear day it can be 80 percent outside, and half that inside...regular here. (People move to your state to get away from humidity here, lol.) So it was all "new" to find the humidity so low....and now I know not to worry. Thanks again!

Man, incubating is stressful enough without hatching chicks that you absolutely want to make it and are so valuable. My OE eggs just came from my chick coop. I hope your other blacks make it out, too. Good luck!!

Thanks everyone...third pipper is working away at it. I thought he was a goner but he's showing some hope! It is stressful when you really want an egg to hatch and watch them like an eagle. Especially when they are late and you have already dubbed them all dead...lol...

Back
Top Bottom