• 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
We hatche 17 from our barnyard mix.

Day 23 and another hatched 15 minutes ago, with 2 still externally pipped and breathing.

So far out of the 18 which made it to lockdown there were 3 that never internally pipped, and 1 that externally pipped yesterday morning and then quit.

Tried to start earily this year set 24 eggs even got a turner this year so far 1 baby Delaware is all i got.Hatched like 50 to 60 last year later on.Mostly oliver Eggers and silky olive eggers. Sold out fairly fast at 2.00 to 2.50 a bird on my first year of trying to hatch.Anyway im in Ohio its been cold wonder if thats cause most of my problems regardless i think im going back to hand turning the eggs.

Can any one tell the sex of this 1 to 2 day old chick was kinda hard to get the pic.Regardless i have a 50/50 chance.

Can any one tell the sex of this 1 to 2 day old chick was kinda hard to get the pic.Regardless i have a 50/50 chance.
male, pictures a little hard to tell covers from primaries though. Wait till it gets a few tiny feathers on the wings and it's easier. 3 or 4 days old usually.

I am a total idiot, I just checked the tracking and my log and I was off~ I am on day 22 until this afternoon. So, I stopped the turning and increased the humidity early on these poor eggs. I could kick myself.
My first 2 hatches in the Octagon 20 hatched between days 22 and 23. I was relying solely on the built in thermometer . I bought a spot check, and was measuring spots from 97.9-99.9. Most of the temps were low, the only highs were near the heater. I bumped this hatch up to 100.0 on the display, and am running closer to a 99.5 average now. I would rather be a little low than high. Hopefully this next batch will come in on time. If not, I may bump up another 0.5 degree

I called it quits this morning and did eggtopsies on the three that made it to lockdown. The two blues had been early quitters. The green EE egg had a fully formed chick that died before the yolk was absorbed. But at least my broody was 3 for 3. Time to sanitize and try again!

Back
Top Bottom