Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Today is the due day for my hatch! No action yet, but I don't expect anything until the middle of the night. I was hoping to do a quick check for pips while momma was on a potty break. No such luck. She saw me coming and ran full bore back to her nest box. She then attempted to drive me further away with tail fanning, growling, and explosive broody poop.
ep.gif

My incubators never talk back like that!

No pip checks were done, The wait begins...
barnie.gif

Today is the due day for my hatch! No action yet, but I don't expect anything until the middle of the night. I was hoping to do a quick check for pips while momma was on a potty break.  No such luck.  She saw me coming and ran full bore back to her nest box. She then attempted to drive me further away with tail fanning, growling, and explosive broody poop. :eek:

My incubators never talk back like that!  

No pip checks were done,  The wait begins...:barnie
:yikes, hopefully she didn't get ya with the broody poo.

Little Stinker, lol... Maybe I should reword that... More like Big Stinker!
1f602.png
lau.gif

She was nicer to the half grown kittens who have suddenly found her fascinating. They were introduced to ducks at about 3 weeks of age. They used to keep the ducklings company when I cleaned out the brooder. The ducklings would chase them around. Someone in the nest is internally pipping. I can hear it, and I'm sure they can too and think that they have new play buddies on the way. Momma duck does not see it that way, and they will likely have quite a rude awakening in another few days when they get the full wrath of an angry mother bird....

I bought some eggs on Saturday and they are in the incubator now! =D Also,I've got a broody sitting on 6 eggs at the same time. All due on the 14th of March. 20 eggs all together.

Hopefully they survive! I've had to adjust the temperature inside several times. My chick room is kinda cold these days. Its 18F outside with 8F windchill.

Back
Top Bottom