Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
IS there anybody on this (Feb) HAL that is also in the March HAL??
frow.gif

Day 20 and lockdown seems to be going steady, so a good a time as any to let out all my concerns and worries :/ when I candled the eggs last (day 18) while I was estatic that they were all alive and moving, they seemed to not fill up the egg space as much as I would have assumed. This IS my first incubator hatch so I have no "real life" experience as to healthy sizing other than what I've seen from photos online. I assumed that 3 days out from hatch day they would be bulging at the seams, waiting to get out of there ;) mine looked more like 3/4s full (not counting air bubble). Is this normal? Should I maybe expect a later hatch? I feel maybe because I was going by my first thermometer (stuck to the glass, higher than eggs), that maybe the eggs were at a lower starting out temperature hence the later hatch theory? ( when I read to go by the one tucked in with the eggs, I adjusted). I feel like Ive made a myriad of noob mistakes
1f62d.png

I know I'll find out the outcome in a few days but any input would be welcome

Thanks
1f601.png
1f423.png

Ooly

Day 20 and lockdown seems to be going steady, so a good a time as any to let out all my concerns and worries :/ when I candled the eggs last (day 18) while I was estatic that they were all alive and moving, they seemed to not fill up the egg space as much as I would have assumed. This IS my first incubator hatch so I have no "real life" experience as to healthy sizing other than what I've seen from photos online. I assumed that 3 days out from hatch day they would be bulging at the seams, waiting to get out of there ;) mine looked more like 3/4s full (not counting air bubble). Is this normal? Should I maybe expect a later hatch? I feel maybe because I was going by my first thermometer (stuck to the glass, higher than eggs), that maybe the eggs were at a lower starting out temperature hence the later hatch theory? ( when I read to go by the one tucked in with the eggs, I adjusted). I feel like Ive made a myriad of noob mistakes
1f62d.png

I know I'll find out the outcome in a few days but any input would be welcome

Thanks
1f601.png
1f423.png

Ooly

We all make mistakes it happens :hugs
:fl all goes well for you.

Lockdown tonight. I'm not very optimistic.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told by a breeder that your eggs (for chickens) should hatch the same day of the week as you set them. For example, if you set on a Friday, they would hatch three weeks later, ON Friday. Doing the math, let's say Friday is the 1st of the month, three weeks later would be the 22nd. Exactly 21 days later.
This is the schedule I use, and seems to be accurate.

Back
Top Bottom