1f423.png
1f44d.png

Now to wait for it to actually happen
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
this will be a long day at work
hmm.png

Noooo, just let your mind focus on work and the day will fly by! Then you get home to chicks! And hopefully a hatcher to watch. Good luck! Hope all goes well!!!!
clap.gif

Lady hawke-I'm curious, did those eggs smell before they blew? Or was it not noticeable since it was under a broody? I had one egg in the incubator I pulled, but it was very stinky. It's kinda got me worried that one could blow without any warning
1f628.png
I still have 1 other egg in the bator that I think might not grow out but I left because I wasn't sure.

I didn't smell a thing until the day of the explosion. My broody has been keeping quite a tight seal over her nest. When I incubate my own, I candle every week and throw out anything that is infertile or quit, so nothing has a chance to get funky in there. That way, at the end of my run any egg that hasn't hatched can sit in the bator for a few days since if it died, it did so pretty recently. My stink bombs were a month old and had been kept toasty warm under my broody the whole time!

Someone is starting to wake up! Sooner than I expected! Not ready for exploring yet, so my little imprint project curled back up in my hand and went back to sleep after the photo shoot.. This one will be just fine! 8 more + the breech pip to go!

Back
Top Bottom