Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Here are the 5 chicks I hatched on the 9th. They grow so fast!

Here are the 5 chicks I hatched on the 9th. They grow so fast!
this is such a cute stage. Nice picture!

As for my humidity problem I ran home, popped open the incubator to vent and saw a pip! Quickly closed it. Hope it's not shrink wrapped. Humidity is 75% in there! but the unit itself reads 60.

Who can recommend a digital thermometer/hygrometer with an internal probe that they like and trust?

The current hatch score:
1. Infertile, eggsplosion
2. Shrink wrapped under mom, hatched with assist. Fat, sassy and healthy
3. Infertile, eggsplosion
4. Breech pip, unable to rotate to do a complete unzip, assisted to complete the unzip, also fat, sassy and healthy
5. Hatched nearly completely under mom. Dead halfway out of shell. Cause of death unknown. Healthy looking with normal hatch pattern.
6. Hatched under mom, no assist, totally fat, sassy, and healthy

Pending:
1 egg in incubator, at appropriate stage on last candle
5 eggs under momma, condition unknown

Infertility rate so far 12%, 75% success rate of hatching on eggs that pipped... The wait continues...

Okay... That is THE CUTEST picture I've ever seen!!!
(now I'll go ahead and actually read your post...)
LOL! She has been growling and snapping at me since she started brooding. Before that, bit us so hard we all came away bruised. She is the most gentle and attentive mother I have ever seen. That duck adores her babies and it shows!

Eeeek! I finally had to open the bator. I had one pipped and they(the rugby chicks) flipped it upside down. I quickly opened and threw in a sponge and rolled it. What's done is done. The humidity dropped to about 54 and then is now about 72. It should settle down a little more in the 60s. I hope I did the right thing. One egg has made a nice hole of a pip and I can see it's beak moving but it has made very slow progress. I wonder if beilefelders are just like that. Last night I went to bed with a beil that had been pipped all day and woke up with a chick. Sure hope I wake up to 2 more in the morning. This hatching is excruciating!

Back
Top Bottom