Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Love all these babies! SO CUTE! All my girl's eggs hatched but 2 didn't make it :( but out of 11 eggs I have 9 healthy happy chicks so I'll take it! I've also got my first Isbar chick and boy is she CUTE!! Still waiting on 4 more Isbar eggs and 2 Welsummers(not convinced they will hatch). Looks like my February hatch turned into a March one!

Ok so I finally get another pip but it's in the middle of the egg! I've been lookin up what to but still feel like I have no idea :/ I taped a Qtip to a skewer that I can poke through a vent (instead of opening the lid) to moisten the membrane if needed. Really crossing my fingers that I don't mess things up!!!! Any help is appreciated!

I had 1 chick hatch yesterday to finalize my Feb hatches. I'm hoping that stuff I ordered greatly improves my hatch rates from now on. I'll let you all know how well it works. Maybe those that are having bad hatches can have better luck.

So I ended February with 5/9 hatched. Momma is still working on on hatching the last few of hers, and I have one more in the incubator that is expected to pip soon. One show bird so far with amazing conformation even for a day old. I am very happy with this batch so far!!

Got an interesting email today from the folks at Brinsea.... They're taking pre-orders for the new Brinsea 100 (with humidity pump). It's a cabinet-style incubator with the familiar yellow plastic that will hold 96 hen eggs at a time and it'll only set you back....$999.99!
I got that one, too. I want one so bad, but I just can't justify spending that much right now. The email did say that for a limited time they will include the humidity pump for free on pre-orders...
hmm.png

LOL! Already the chicks in my back bedroom outnumber the ones in my coop.... I cannot fathom why I'd want the Brinsea 100 to add another 94 chicks to the mix....

Unless, of course, I truly want to cement my reputation as a crazy chicken lady.
wink.png

Drats! It turns out Squeak the white marans chick hatched out is blind in one eye. I have yet to hatch a marans, if hatch any, that wasn't defective! Annie, the Ameraucana chick DH picked out to keep the hatchling company, is now officially its companion seeing eye chick.

Back
Top Bottom