Feedback on coop design?

Talullah

Chirping
May 5, 2020
Livermore, CA
Due to a lack of carpentry skills I'm planning to have a coop built to house 3 hens. I had hoped to obtain a coop from Carolina Coops but they wouldn't be able to ship until October so I need a new plan. I'm sharing photos from a coop builder in my area and would love to know if any seasoned chicken owners have any feedback on this design as the coops are customizable. The hen house would be as pictured (it's 4 feet wide) and the run would be made smaller than what is pictured (4 x 8 due to space constraints). I would have external nesting boxes added. I live in Northern California with hot summers so I'm not sure if the windows are large enough to provide adequate ventilation? The back door would be solid wood and not screened as in the photo. Any other things you would change/add/recommend with this design?
915DA0F4-346E-4F85-BC63-3D1F65CF00EF.jpeg
4E609A8B-82AC-4776-A14C-3F1F7A05B9A5.jpeg
1F35510F-09F9-443D-8256-F1AB31811A6E.jpeg

IF you know this will be set up completely predator proof... I would have zero wall between the coop and run.

Then I would make a second wall of the coop full wire so a breeze goes through the coop. You can have removable panel that goes into the open wire wall, to close it up part way for winter, or fully for storms.

Back
Top Bottom