Feeder/Waterer question?

speng5

Chirping
Mar 6, 2024
I am finishing up my fully outdoor pens and I am wondering about feeders and waterers. I plan on making my own out of PVC and poultry cups for the waterer, and a bucket hopper and pvc tube for the food.

How many poultry cups should I need and how many food holes should i drill in the pipe? I have 14 quail.

In my experience the cups get dirty. I use cups attached to water bottles that I just clean every day. If you don't want to clean, you can try water nipples.

For 14 quail, I would have 6-8 ports each for food and water.

In my experience the cups get dirty. I use cups attached to water bottles that I just clean every day. If you don't want to clean, you can try water nipples.

For 14 quail, I would have 6-8 ports each for food and water.

Thanks for the info. As far as the waterer goes, any suggestions for a system I wouldn't have to clean every day? There are times I have to be away from home for a couple/few days, and it would be nice to have the waterer be hassle free for that long

You can use rabbit nipple waterers it takes a while for them to get used to using them. I personally didn't think they got enough water but I used them till I put cups in. The cups are much easier for me.

Back
Top Bottom