Feeding Bee Pollen to Chickens

WOW!! Bees scare the daylights out of me (I'm allergic) but I find this very interesting!! It's neat how your chickens help you clean up and get tasty little treats at the same time!

here's an article from: http://www.thebirdforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8903

Bee pollen is a complete food. Its benefits to humans has been known since ancient times. Studies have shown that it meets all nutritional needs of humans and most animals. More and more bird owners and breeders recognize its value. Bee pollen is the male reproductive part of every plant. It contains the DNA and RNA of the plant. According to some researchers eating food rich in genetic material, like DNA and RNA, speeds up the process of healing.

Bee pollen is a whole food supplement that contains (found by French, British and American researchers) at least 130 substances of nutritional significance. The high quality protein exceeds the amount in beef or chicken. Bee pollen is composed of about 50% carbohydrates, rich in fatty acids, almost all known minerals, amino acids, enzymes, trace elements, vitamins like B complex, A,C,D,E, beta carotene, an antibiotic potent against E.coli.

Bee Pollen Contains:
Vitamins: Vitamin A, B1 Thiamin, B2 Riboflavin, B3 Niacin, B6 Group, Vitamin B complex, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, B12, Folic Acid, Choline, Inositol, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, and Rutin.

Minerals: Calcium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sulphur, Sodium, Chlorine, Iron, Manganese, Copper, Iodine, Zinc, Silicon, Molybdenum, Boron, Titanium, Magnesium.

Enzymes: Amylase, Diastase, Saccarase, Pectase, Phosphatase, Catalase, Disphorase, Cozymase, Cytochrome, Lactic, Dehydrogenase, Succiniohydrogenase, 24 Oxido-Reductases, 21 Transferases, 33 Hydrolases, 11 Lyases, 5 Isomerases, Pepsin, Trypsin.

Amino Acids: Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Thereonine, Alanine, Valine, Histidine, Arginine, Cystine, Aspartic Acid, Phenylalanine, Proline, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Serine, Tryptophan, Tyrosine.

Others: Nucleic Acids, Flavinoids, Phenolic Acids, Tarpenes, Nucleosides, Fructose, Fructose, Gibberellins, Resins, Lecityin, Xanthophyllis, Guanine, and Xanthine

The main components are: Protein 21.2 %; Carbohydrates 48.5%; Fatty Acids 9.9%; Ash 2.7%; Fiber 3.5 %; Water 14.2%

Feeding bee pollen prevents nutritional imbalance, deficiencies, accumulation of toxins in the body and helps strengthen the immune system and prevent disease. The important thing with bee pollen, like with every other herb, supplement, and food, etc., is to make sure to buy a fresh high quality product. Bee pollen is considered a complete food with its nutritional balance in protein, carbohydrates, fats and all the other nutrients it contains. It is the richest food in nature

Well my dad owns a honey bee store and I know all the great benefits of honey and bee pollen. I just wasn’t sure if chickens could eat it. Then again.....it’s the most natural antibiotic I’ve found yet. About to mix electrolytes for my sick chicken with a breathing issue. Substituting honey for sugar. I don’t want to use antibiotics because they are passed through eggs etc. so I’ve come up with a game plan using bee pollen and honey. Will also be treating the rest of the flock down to the chicks as I don’t know if it’s contagious. Thank you for the info here!

I've never fed it to poultry, but I have included it in any soft prepared food (usually egg food) for my finches and small hookbills. They adore it.

Back
Top Bottom