Feeding brahmas

sroy

Songster
Apr 20, 2015
Florida
This is a newbie question, I know. Should I feed my brahmas starter/grower longer than you would smaller faster maturing breeds? They will be 10 weeks old this weekend. The feed they eat now says to switch to grower/finisher at 10 weeks. Thanks for your thoughts in advance!! :)

They shouldn't need amprolium in the feed any more, so gradually changing to a grower is fine. I feed Purina, and use Flock Raiser for everyone, any age. You aren't feeding Cornishx meat birds, so that's not what you would want. Brahmas are beautiful! Mary

They are on starter/grower now. Should I move them to grower/finisher? Thank you for the quick reply Mary

Our brahmas are about the same age, maybe a little bigger. Do yours have their big feathers yet?

We feed ours the Purina Premium Medical ;; not chunks. They come along fine, and they've grown a lot since we started feeding them like the bigger chickens.

How big are yours It depends how your chicken's growth is going.

Our brahmas are about the same age, maybe a little bigger. Do yours have their big feathers yet?

We feed ours the Purina Premium Medical ;; not chunks. They come along fine, and they've grown a lot since we started feeding them like the bigger chickens.

How big are yours It depends how your chicken's growth is going.
Mine have the majority of their feathers, the cockerel not quite as much. But he has a lot too. I've been feeding them Dumar starter/grower, but I'm switching to Purina Premium, I actually bought a bag earlier today to start in the morning. I have one little pullet that is smaller than the other two. She was very bad off when she arrived, ended up needing antibiotics for breathing issues. She's healthy now, thank goodness, just small.

Back
Top Bottom