Feeding chicken eggs

GoldenBlossoms

Songster
May 30, 2022
I just wanted to share what I feed my chickens as a treat. We don’t eat eggs fast enough or sell them so for now when we have a good chuck of eggs we hard boil them for our pet rats and dog. But for the chickens we make a big omelet with chicken feed in it (the one that helps egg laying) cuz we do hope to sell eggs one day but it's not a main purpose for now. And give it to our 9 chickens. They love it. I think if you can give your chickens back some of there Protein in the best way possible this is one way :) idk I just felt like sharing. Also it does keep your chickens from eating there own eggs if that's a goal of yours. Once they get use to cooked egg they won't really want raw egg. And adding there soft chicken feed to it I think helps them more too.

If you have some cool ideas for foods you feed your flock I'd love to hear it.

I would always feed scrambled eggs to my young birds. They quickly learned to come running when they saw that dish of eggs. Helps them grow well too. :)

I just wanted to share what I feed my chickens as a treat. We don’t eat eggs fast enough or sell them so for now when we have a good chuck of eggs we hard boil them for our pet rats and dog. But for the chickens we make a big omelet with chicken feed in it (the one that helps egg laying) cuz we do hope to sell eggs one day but it's not a main purpose for now. And give it to our 9 chickens. They love it. I think if you can give your chickens back some of there Protein in the best way possible this is one way :) idk I just felt like sharing. Also it does keep your chickens from eating there own eggs if that's a goal of yours. Once they get use to cooked egg they won't really want raw egg. And adding there soft chicken feed to it I think helps them more too.

If you have some cool ideas for foods you feed your flock I'd love to hear it.
I use a silicon muffin tray (frozen egg pops right out of those easily) and beat up a single egg and put one in each slot in the tray then freeze them. I use them for scrambled eggs or thaw them and use in baking. They stay pretty good for at least 6 months in the freezer. When it's hot out I sometimes give a few of those as a cool treat for my girls.

I use a silicon muffin tray (frozen egg pops right out of those easily) and beat up a single egg and put one in each slot in the tray then freeze them. I use them for scrambled eggs or thaw them and use in baking. They stay pretty good for at least 6 months in the freezer. When it's hot out I sometimes give a few of those as a cool treat for my girls.
That sounds cool x3 I might have to try that for my girls :)

Back
Top Bottom