Feeding Dumor Feed to cornish chicks???

Willow's Meadow

Songster
9 Years
Apr 16, 2010
I was researching the amount of protein that the Dumor feed has and the Dumor chick Starter has 24% of protein and the Chick Starter/Grower has 20% of feed. Would Dumor be a good feed to feed meat birds.....I can't find anything else with higher protein??? Should I just feed the Cornish chicks the chick starter their whole life or switch to grower???

Willow's Meadow :

I was researching the amount of protein that the Dumor feed has and the Dumor chick Starter has 24% of protein and the Chick Starter/Grower has 20% of feed. Would Dumor be a good feed to feed meat birds.....I can't find anything else with higher protein??? Should I just feed the Cornish chicks the chick starter their whole life or switch to grower???

That's what I'm feeding mine right now. Depending on how they keep growing then I will stick to the 24% If I find that their starting to have problems then I will prob drop to the 20%. Good Luck!
thumbsup.gif

For what it's worth Willow I've been using Dumor chick starter for 3 weeks and then switching to regular laying mash (~18%) from the local mill for the last 5 weeks. I've never had any leg problems, no sudden heart attacks, and the birds dress out between 4.5-7 pounds.

I like the Dumor because it's unmedicated... and it works!

I certainly am not an expert in this area, but I'm feeding my 2 week chics 19 % organic from local feed store. It's the only organic I have available so that's what I'm feeding. I've never raised crosses so I'm hesistant to go HEAVY protein. Being in florida with the upcoming heat and humidity; it's going to be hard enough to keep them comfortable without overfeeding them too!!!!

We'll see how they do on the 19% for now.

Back
Top Bottom