feet problems

rmaasjo

Hatching
Jan 9, 2016
northern Minnesota
My laying hen ended up with red swollen feet and very painful. It's been wet, warm,very cold, you name it the weather has been unpredictable in northern Minnesota. I think she may have a touch of frostbite, it doesn't look like bumble foot because both feet are the same. If I bring her in will the change in temp from cold to warm cause problems for her. Id like to soak her feet and get antibiotic salve on them but the barn is too cold.

My laying hen ended up with red swollen feet and very painful. It's been wet, warm,very cold, you name it the weather has been unpredictable in northern Minnesota. I think she may have a touch of frostbite, it doesn't look like bumble foot because both feet are the same. If I bring her in will the change in temp from cold to warm cause problems for her. Id like to soak her feet and get antibiotic salve on them but the barn is too cold.
you could do an epsom salt soak that would help with pain and swelling
make sure its warm, not too hot,

you may have to do it a couple times a day over the next few days

Good Luck!

Last edited:
you could do an epsom salt soak that would help with pain and swelling
make sure its warm, not too hot,

you may have to do it a couple times a day over the next few days

Good Luck!
Thank you, I soaked her feet and put antibiotic ointment on them. I have her inside in a kennel. i dried her off the best i could but she is still pretty damp. will she be okay overnight on a towel in a warm spot?

Back
Top Bottom