Fell in Love-what are they?

Quote:
This helps a lot. I went back to look and they do have really light colored feathering down the side of their middle toe.

Quote:
This was my first choice when I was trying to identify them. Then I found a picture of a buff brahma that had more of the chipmunk coloration and it confused me. I will keep watching to see how they develop! Thanks for commenting.

Quote:
They are so small and difficult to tell! Had to put on my reading glasses.
smile.png
Their combs are wider at the bottom, but the straight line on their foreheads is definitely serrated.

N&MSchroeder :

Quote:
This helps a lot. I went back to look and they do have really light colored feathering down the side of their middle toe.

If they get a tuft of feathers that grows off the back of their leggs, parallel to their tail, then they're d'Uccles. You should start seeing the little tufts within a week or so. They appear along with or shortly after the wing feathers start on mine.​

So to confuse matters more... On the vulture hocks, I've gotten Cochins from hatcheries that had vulture hocks.
roll.png
Dang hatcheries anyways, always have to make things more difficult on us.
big_smile.png

It'll be easier to tell once they feather in a little more (I know, you want to know now...) Post some new pics in about a week and we should be able to give you some more definitive answers.

Here is an updated photo. I believe the photo shows the development of vulture hocks. So, can I say, probably Mille Fleur D'Uccles?
smile.png
or is it still too soon to tell. Either way works for me, they are great little chicks!
wee.gif

78998_p4140711.jpg

N&MSchroeder :

Here is an updated photo. I believe the photo shows the development of vulture hocks. So, can I say, probably Mille Fleur D'Uccles?
smile.png
or is it still too soon to tell. Either way works for me, they are great little chicks!
wee.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/78998_p4140711.jpg

Sure looks like a mille fleur d'uccle to me! Millies are great, you're going to love yours! They're such a pretty and docile breed.
smile.png

Quote:
Sure looks like a mille fleur d'uccle to me! Millies are great, you're going to love yours! They're such a pretty and docile breed.
smile.png

celebrate.gif
You've made me very happy. These are my first bantams and they are just great little chicks.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom