Fertile Silkie Eggs Wanted! Best place to get them?

SilkieGirl 1

Chirping
5 Years
Dec 5, 2014
Hello! I have been in search of Silkie eggs that I could hatch myself. I can't find anyone selling silkie eggs nor chicks in my area so I'm thinking about buying some online.

The only thing with online shopping is that I had some bad experience with buying eggs from eBay. The silkie eggs that I last bought came intact and looked good! I am pretty sure i did everything correctly but only 3 of 15 hatched! I think the eggs must have been overheated while shipping and jarred around too much because I saw that the unhatched chicks were flipped upside down in the egg, unable to get to the air sac.

So my worry with shipping now is that the eggs will not hatch properly! Is there anyone who knows good places to buy eggs online?

I ordered 21 eggs of eBay and 1 hatched!!!!! TRUST ME I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!!! But I recently ordered eggs from my pet chicken and they came intact and hopefully will hatch if you wanna order silkie eggs from there I’d love to talk to you about it and hatching things I think I got a few silkie eggs and would love to share pics with you!!! That would be fun I think but it’s up to you! ( obviously ) :):wee:celebrate

I ordered 21 eggs of eBay and 1 hatched!!!!! TRUST ME I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!!! But I recently ordered eggs from my pet chicken and they came intact and hopefully will hatch if you wanna order silkie eggs from there I’d love to talk to you about it and hatching things I think I got a few silkie eggs and would love to share pics with you!!! That would be fun I think but it’s up to you! ( obviously ) :):wee:celebrate
Only 1 hatched? That's awful! It would be fun to share pics and see how the incubation process is going for the both of us! I would definitely share pics, but since it's getting winter and not a lot of people are selling eggs at this time, I might just wait until spring. Even though I REALLY want to start incubating! Does MyPetChicken sell silkie eggs at this time?

Only 1 hatched? That's awful! It would be fun to share pics and see how the incubation process is going for the both of us! I would definitely share pics, but since it's getting winter and not a lot of people are selling eggs at this time, I might just wait until spring. Even though I REALLY want to start incubating! Does MyPetChicken sell silkie eggs at this time?
yes they do the good thing about them is they have a huge variety of breeds of silkies and others

Back
Top Bottom