Fibro Easter Eggers

SovereignFarm

In the Brooder
May 2, 2016
Fibro Easter Eggers are a rare new designer breed that have a ton of potential and are very fun to work with. All of them have varying degrees of fibromelanism, which means every fiber of their body is melanistic (black); bones, muscle, organs, and skin. Their blood is not truly black as some say but it is much darker than normal blood. They are a very unique addition to any collection. They come from Ayam Cemani bloodlines but are a much more productive member of the farm than true Ayam Cemani. We have been breeding them to be bigger, better layers, more cold hardy, grow faster, and be more docile. Also just like normal Easter eggers they lay colorful eggs which is always a fun bonus especially for those with kids around. Their feathers can be irridescent black with green, blue, or even purple sheen or a variety of colored feather patterns. Some prefer the former and some the latter but all are amazing and have to be seen in person to fully appreciate. Like standard easter eggers they can display a variety of combs though we are breeding towards only cold hardy combs. The comb is always the first thing that gets peoples attention as it can vary from black to mulberry, a drastic difference than the typical rooster red comb. Fibromelanistic chickens are viewed as magical in the Asian countries where the gene originated from. The black meat is said to give you powers and the black bones are used for both religious rituals and medicine.

We currently have 4 fibro chicks that hatched March 3rd and 26 fibro chicks that hatched March 25th. $20/each for grade A quality and $10/each for grade B quality, straight run. Will be sold sexed as soon as they are old enough to tell. Many more expected as the year progresses. Hatching eggs for sale as well. We also have regular easter egger chicks for $2/each straight run.

Our farm is located in Southern Iowa and we can ship to the 48 continental states. Reply or email [email protected] if interested.
For more information view www.sovereignfarmstead.com and www.facebook.com/sovereignfarmstead

Last edited:
Yes there awesome. I want to add some grade a hens too my flock just not sure when I should bite the bullet. I wish I could find them with some FCBM and or big brahma and then I'd be sold. Shipping a few from here and there can get expensive.

Scott

Here's a couple more pictures of the roosters we are using.
[/IMG]

Those are 2 of the 3 roosters we are using for our breeding flock. The third is solid black like a Cemani but taller and thicker. I consider all 3 of our roosters grade A.

I currently have 4 eggs in my incubator from my Ayam Cemani Hen and I have an Easter Egger Rooster. I candled them and there is life forming inside. Wondering if anyone has crossed these and what you think I could get? Fingers crossed they hatch!

Back
Top Bottom