fighting roosters

cami

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 18, 2010
I have 2 silkie roosters and a small flock of hens.
the roosters have been fighting a lot recently
both the roosters are very tame and they and nice to people.
whats the best way to stop the fighting without selling one or killing one because Im very attached to them both they are good family pets.
neither of the has been been hurt past a few feathers being pulled but i dont want this to get worse.
the are both about a year old and they are brothers so they've lived together their entire life.

I am not really sure if there is a way to make them stop fighting. I had two silkie roos with about a dozen silkie girls and they got along wonderfully for the first 5 months. Then, one day, they started fighting. It was horrible. Neither would back down and they would make eachother bleed. I rehomed one almost immediately. Mine were both very friendly to people and not aggressive at all...only with eachother. I hope you have better luck than I did. Hopefully, someone will have some great advice for you!
smile.png

Maybe you don't have enough hens for 2 roosters Could you divide them into 2 small flocks - one rooster to each and separated by fencing.

I would divide them or let them have at it. I have had some get bad but the majority of the time they will work it out on their own.

Back
Top Bottom