Finally, eggs but she won't sit!

Thank you for making me feel attacked and mistaken for ever inquiring in the first place. Everyone else has gently guided and posted helpful comments. You however have made me rethink ever posting here again.
Wow, sorry... completely NOT my intention! :(

I'm so excited to share broody information and help EVERYONE be AS successful as they can be with a minimal amount of hardship. If I can't come across that way... maybe I should be the one reconsidering posting! :smack BYC is an awesome, helpful, and caring community. To be anything other than that is unacceptable to me. :barnie I will re read my post and see where I went wrong. :oops: All my questions are in attempt to understand what people have going on both in life and in their minds that lead them to where they are. Never meant to be judgmental or seem that way. All my suggestions are from the reality I have SEEN. And really though I gave some good suggestions at that.

Anyways, if I can't share... without somehow being offensive, maybe it's time for me to bug off and not post either. :confused: Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end. ;) BYC changed my life and I will be eternally grateful for it! :highfive:

Definitely don't let one poster rob your joy from being part of the BYC community!

Raccoons stink. :mad: Very sorry for your loss. I bet Tilly and your rabbit were so cute together! :love And that's what I meant by the questions I asked... even though birds might be flock animals, we ALL have different situations. And that's how we learn from each other! I might never have considered using another animals as a companion... but I have seen another person who also has a single chicken with some other animal type, and they were happy. Just because it isn't common or the norm doesn't mean it isn't OK. But without asking I would not know that was an alternative solution to loneliness! :pop

Anyways... sorry again! I don't do drama and don't participate in BYC to cause it for others. I'm here to learn and to share knowledge... while hopefully making a few friends along the way. :hugs

Best wishes in ALL your adventures! :jumpy

EggSighted4Life, I understand now and thank you for explaining. I don’t do drama either and have gotten rid of a lot of it recently in my life. That might explain the sensitivity. I respect and appreciate concern and experience. I’ll also keep in mind that I shouldn’t jump to conclusions when questions are asked. I’m sorry for doing that with your post.

hi all - I've not been on BYC for ages but interested to read this thread.
Nice apology EggSighted4Life.
My first natural hatching was last year - one of my Australorps went broody and I managed to get some fertile eggs for her after she sat on dummy eggs for 1 week to make sure she wanted to be broody - I don't keep a cockerel. She did really well and it was an absolute education for me but of course we ended up with 2 pullets and 2 cockerels - and those 2 cockerels were so noisy and randy with my big Australorps and ex batts they both had to go. One ex batt died - just hope not from shock. My son was horrified by the cockerels behaviour - he is a big man not a kid!
I am sure, CherryHbomb, you will get your chicks - but just a bit more to it perhaps. Ah well back to research on diarrhoea!! And better change my Avitar - we've moved on a bit since I put that on !

A nice thing about a broody hen.....if she ever does go broody....is that most will adopt chicks.

I cannot have a rooster so it has been a good solution for my broody hens. I let them sit a couple weeks then get a couple sexed chicks for her to raise.

My avatar is my broody bantam Cochin with her adopted Australorp chicks from 2 years ago.

:love

Hi 21hens...nice Avatar - I've just changed my Avatar - they are some of the ex-batts. I don't have any decent pics of the Australorps on this computer; I have 4 - they are huge! But not laying after heavy moult last October - and very short days at the moment - roll on Feb 14th! However one of the pullets - a Barnvelder - started laying 17th December - she is not deterred by lack of daylight; the other pullet is a Swedish Flower and although good red comb not laying.

Was going to comment about the one dimensional communication and how it can be misinterpreted. Lord knows I've been guilty of it often enough... :oops: So hard in the excitement of trying to offer help to someone that often times I come across as very "gruff" when that is never my intention. Very nicely handled @EggSighted4Life So glad the misunderstanding is water under the bridge... We REALLY want you here and to enjoy the site and the folks here @CherryHBomb I look forward to reading more as your journey progresses! You too will soon be a fully fledged Chickeneer! ;)

Was going to comment about the one dimensional communication and how it can be misinterpreted. Lord knows I've been guilty of it often enough... :oops: So hard in the excitement of trying to offer help to someone that often times I come across as very "gruff" when that is never my intention. Very nicely handled @EggSighted4Life So glad the misunderstanding is water under the bridge... We REALLY want you here and to enjoy the site and the folks here @CherryHBomb I look forward to reading more as your journey progresses! You too will soon be a fully fledged Chickeneer! ;)
Exactly the same way I feel. I've never been in a warm and fuzzy work environment in my life so growing thick skin was a survival skill.
I've never been one to use emojis but have started doing so in case my 'matter of fact' approach to answering questions comes off as sounding like an attack.
There have been several occasions when I was simply answering a question when thin skin made me rethink ever posting on this site again.
I'm glad this is water under the bridge as well. Pleasant wishes to everyone involved.
And to the OP, there are no stupid questions. If one doesn't know, they just don't know. So ask away. If someone appears to make you feel under attack, just ignore it.

Last edited:
If someone appears to make you feel under attack, just ignore it.
Or... let them know because they might not have realized it! I thought plenty today about how thankful I was that you DID let me know. And that even though I started to feel a little sensitive myself... none of us know what is going on for another. :hmm You all ROCK! :highfive:

I really appreciate that BYC has allowed me to grow not only as a chicken mathematician... :oops: But also in my personal life! :old On more than one occasion. :wee :woot

Back
Top Bottom