FINALLY moved into our new house!!! Coop raising party anyone?

cyanne

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Cedar Creek, TX
Okay, so it seems like we've been 'in the process of moving' forEVER now! First there was the search for the perfect house, then the negotiating to purchase, then the having to get our current house sold before we could close on the new one...
hmm.png

With the buyers seemingly determined to screw everything up with their endless delays and crazy demands right up until the last minute, we weren't even sure we'd get to move! :mad:
he.gif

But it is finally all done and we are moved in to the new place.
wee.gif

Almost everything is still in boxes, but at least we have the basics unpacked and set up. I finally have 5 acres of my very own to go crazy and create my own little funny farm. I go to bed every night with visions of horses, goats, mini-donkeys, etc...dancing through my head (the DH probably has dreams of the same thing, but they are more like nightmares because he will have a heck of a time controlling my urge to add more animals to the menagerie!)
wink.png
lau.gif

Thankfully the new place already had a 12ft by 20ft building with water and power in place that we are using for the chicken coop. Right now my chickens are all locked inside, because we have to build a run. Eventually I plan to divide the inside up into two 8ft by 8ft areas for my standard layers, one 4ft by 8ft area for my bantams, and a 4ft wide strip running the length of the building that will be the 'people' area. That way I can store food and whatnot and walk in to collect eggs from a nice clean area.

The run outside will also be divided up into three areas that correspond with the inside coops. This way I can have 1 or 2 roosters in each area and keep everybody happy.

Now, if only I had an extra husband or 3, getting the run built wouldn't have to take me 3 months...
th.gif

What do you think, anyone out there interested in a coop-raising part in Cedar Creek, TX (South East of Austin, towards Bastrop)?
big_smile.png

Sign me & DS up! And for the return date on the plane tickets you send just insert "after the last winter snow"
gig.gif

Seriously though how about some pics of the new funny farm?

Back
Top Bottom