finally starting to hatch! i think....

zachbelle

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 16, 2014
so with two hours left until day 29comes to an official end i think there is finally progress! not one pip yet but i can hear tap tap tapping all over the place in there like a lil elf workshop haha. one egg has a dark spot on it i thought at first was a pip but as i shinnes a light thru the bator i noticed it was almost moving kinda pulsating...could this be the ducks bill on the inside of the egg im seeing? last night i watched one egg wiggle a few times then heard chirping really cool. a few peeps here n there this morning but mostly just tapping and an occasional wiggle. this is so exciting!

Probably internal pipping or attempts at external pipping. Whatever you do don't try to give them an air hole or help them pip. They need the carbon dioxide buildup to complete the zip action. It is normal for it to take 24-48 hours after first pip.

maybe you can help me they all hatched on theyre own but three of they were born w a bent leg it is bent as if they are laying down and it will not unbend to be able to.splint it. they hobble around walking on there elbow and dont seem to be in any pain they are now 9 days old and not coming out of it. i went to TSC and the gentlemen there said when they got theres in at easter they had six like this and after two or three weeks five of the six came out of it and all thwy did was give vitamins so i purchased the vitamins when they were a day old and they have access at all times to these and fresh water they are deffinatlet drinking the vitamin water but no change in the legs yet i have also been letting them swim in warm water a few min at a time trying to get them to use it....any experience w this?

Back
Top Bottom