Finished The Coop and Run Today

Captain13

Songster
Sep 6, 2022
Kathleen, Ga
Finished everything up today with the exception of a new feeder and watering system. Just have the add the cross over stabilizing screws between the coop and run 9hence the tilt). The green just under the coop roof is the heavy duty tarp that I use on the sides when it’s windy and unusually cold. They just roll down and are weighted at the bottom so they stay against the hardware cloth. The predator apron is covered by the pine straw so it is not visible in the pics.

I used an ADOR1 automatic door mounted inside the coop with a remote open switch outside and a remote light sensor mounted on the east side of the coop. Since I stalling the door I have checked very day and it has opened reliably at sunrise and closes just as it gets dark.

The coop is wired and has its own breaker box inside with the emergency cut off at the shop about 30 feet away. The coop has three interior lights and two fans. It also has two veterinarian warming plates, easily moved to the floor in case they are needed for chicks. Otherwise, they are adjacent to the roosting bars in case of extremely cold weather.

Anyway, this is the new coop.

Attachments

• D9F5102C-3935-43E0-9E70-789FE23EF428.jpeg
    D9F5102C-3935-43E0-9E70-789FE23EF428.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • 4E37A7A7-1E06-42C2-B854-457BD50724C7.jpeg
    4E37A7A7-1E06-42C2-B854-457BD50724C7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Looks good. Is there more ventilation than what is on the door to the coop? I can't see the sides and other end very well.

I like the color :)
Check out the side view that shows the run. Both sides are open, one side at two feet and the other is four feet. The back is open and you can see the front openings. Plus the roof is two levels with four inch opening between the levels and they ventilated all the way around where the roof meets the sides. Lots of ventilation in this coop. Oh, on either side of the door is a 2’ x 2’ opening, and the door window is open as well.

Back
Top Bottom