First batch hmmm wow!

Okay question on the egg that as not hatched when I candle again if there is movement put it back in and give more time any ideas on how much or do I keep checking?

Yes but I thought that it pip but I can't see that it did when I candle it and the other chick's has moved it so much I can't see if it has yet when I get ready to move chick's to brooder I will candle again look for pip on outside not sure what else to do

So here are the results
1 not fertile (warm)
1 did not hatch (warm)
1 in ICU probably won't make it (warm)
1 with stripes (overnight 38)
1 Black ( refrigerated) was first hatched
1 red (refrigerated)
1 red (warm)
The 3 thought was questionable on hatching are the healthiest ones
My next batch started piping today they were all warm I hope I have better luck
Anyone can tell me what I may do to better on hatching?

Stayed up till 1am watching couldn't stay awake when I did wake up I have 5 chick's 1 still nothing I did candle and it was moving so how long do I wait?
BTW the 2 refrigerated eggs hatched perfectly

Okay question on the egg that as not hatched when I candle again if there is movement put it back in and give more time any ideas on how much or do I keep checking?
If there is any sign of life, give it at least an other 24 hours, IMO. Of course, you can take the hatched chicks out as soon as they are dry.

Last edited:
The one that did not hatched I candle nothing so I carefully made a small hole looked n listen nothing I then opened up more nothing it wasn't fully developed
I even rethink about how I marked the eggs to make sure I didn't mix them up and hubby double check so not sure what I did wrong with fresh eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom