First brood; Breed and Gender questions

JiveTofu

Hatching
Mar 28, 2017
Well, here they are!

I brought them home mid March and they've been doing great. Six chicks and a turk. The turkey was a freebie (and the hub took some convincing before we accepted) but he's such a personable little thing, we're both really glad we did.

I'm not sure which box some of the chicks came from though... I know the two barred rocks and the sussex for sure, but I'm unsure of the other three. Two are the same breed, I'm thinking Welsummer, but not sure. Little red, I have no idea. What do you guys think?

Also if anyone has gender thoughts on ANY of them (especially the turkey) I'd really appreciate it!

3/12 Day 1 chickies

3/12 Day 1 turkey: right after we got him home. Wasn't sure if he was going to make it. :(

3/12 Day 1 turkey: later; rested, cleaned up, and looking a little better

3/17 All together

3/25 In the outside coop JT and Welsummer? chick

3/26 In the run attached to the outside coop (breed Q about both in the foreground in front of the turk)

4/2 JTs growing like crazy! Such a sweet bird!

4/2 Smaller barred rock (plenty of nicknames, but no real name yet) also a friendly little thing. Gender thoughts?

3/26 JT

4/2 Little Red. No idea of the breed, but she's a favorite so I'd love to know. She's one of the only chicks that approaches me for pets. I'm saying she, but please correct me if you think otherwise. :)

4/2 Little Red

The two brown ones do look like Welsummers and the red one is most like a Production Red or Hatchery quality RIR. The small Barred Rock is looking very suspicious but I would post a full body picture in a little bit to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom